These crispy ground beef tacos are an easy win. They only take 35 minutes to make, and everyone will love dipping these taco-quesadilla hybrids into all the sauces.
This takes ground beef tacos to another level. I love how these crispy tacos are perfect for dipping into salsa, queso, or a creamy avocado dip.
This is an easy recipe that's perfect for your next taco night!
🧀 Ingredients & Substitutions
Ground Beef: I used lean ground beef, 90%, so I wouldn't have to drain any excess fat from the skillet.
Taco Seasoning: You can use store-bought or homemade taco seasoning.
Enchilada Sauce: Use your favorite enchilada sauce.
Cheese: I used Oxacca cheese for this these tacos. It's a mozzarella-like cheese that melts very easily. You can also use Monterey Jack or a Mexican Cheese Blend.
Olive Oil: You need to brush (or spray) olive oil on the tortillas so they don't stick to the pan and get crispy. Avocado oil and vegetable oil work as well.
Corn Tortillas: I think corn tortillas are best for this recipe, but you can also use flour. If you use flour, bake them for 4-6 minutes less.
Full ingredient list with quantities in the recipe card below
🔪 How to Make Crispy Beef Tacos
Step 1: Brown beef in a skillet over medium-high heat. Mix in taco seasoning and enchilada sauce. Bring to a simmer, then turn off the burner.
Step 2: Wrap corn tortillas in a damp paper towel microwave for 30-60 seconds or until they are pliable. Brush one side of a tortilla with olive oil.
Step 3: Place the tortilla oiled side down onto a baking sheet. Add shredded cheese, ground beef, and more cheese to one side of the tortilla and fold the tortilla over the filling.
Step 4: Bake at 450F for 16 minutes. Then serve with all of your favorite dipping sauces!
These tacos are best when you bake them on the pan directly. I wouldn't recommend using foil. I've had problems with the corn tortillas sticking to the foil.
🥗 Favorite Toppings for Crunchy Beef Tacos
- Pico de Gallo
- Quesadilla Dipping Sauce
- Refried Beans
- Sour Cream
- Pickled Red Onions
- Hot Sauce
❓ Recipe Questions
Why aren't my tortillas staying folded?
Make sure your tortillas are warm enough before filling and folding them. If they aren't, they will not stay folded.
If your tortillas refuse to remain folded, you can secure them with a toothpick.
Can I use flour tortillas?
I've tested these with flour tortillas, and they work. You'll want to cook the flour tortillas for less time than the corn tortillas, and make sure you oil them well so they don't stick to the pan.
Crispy Beef Tacos
- 1 pound ground beef lean, 90%
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- ¾ cup enchilada sauce
- 2.5 cups Oaxaca cheese or Mexican cheese or Monterey Jack
- 10 corn tortillas
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Toppings: hot sauce, guacamole, salsa, pickled onions, sour cream, lime wedge
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Brown beef in a skillet over medium-high high heat. Mix in taco seasoning and enchilada sauce. Bring to a simmer, then remove pan from the heat.
- Wrap corn tortillas in a damp paper towel and microwave for 30-60 seconds or until they are pliable.
- Brush one side of a tortilla with olive oil. Add 2 tablespoons of shredded cheese to half of the tortilla, top with ¼ cup of ground beef, and 2 more tablespoons of shredded cheese. Fold the tortilla over the filling*.
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas and range the tacos in a single layer on your baking sheet.
- Bake for 16 minutes, or until the tortillas are crispy and the cheese has melted. Let them cool for 3 minutes before serving.
Want more taco recipes?
- Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken Tacos
- Air Fryer Shrimp Tacos
- Slow Cooker Carnitas Tacos
- Go To Weeknight Beef Tacos
- Easy Steak and Pico Tacos