30 Minute Air Fryer Shrimp Tacos are an easy weeknight dinner. They are smokie, spicy and tangy. Everyone will love them!
Here’s what’s happening with these Air fryer Tacos: You have warm tortillas ( corn or four), spicy-smokey shrimp, pickled cabbage and red onion, and a spicy sour cream sauce that coats everything. These are tasty while still being healthy!
I used the Ninja Air Fryer to make these tacos. I’ve had it for about a year and a half, and it still works great!
Here’s why I love these Shrimp Tacos:
- Spicy and Fresh: tangy pickled veggies, creamy chipotle sauce, and spicy shrimp
- Colorful: The red onions, green cabbage, and vibrant shrimp make these tacos fun to eat
- 30 Minutes: They don’t take that long to make - only 30 minutes
What you need to make Air Fryer Shrimp Tacos
- Sour Cream: the base for the spicy chipotle sauce
- Limes: adds brightness and freshness
- Chipotle Chili Powder: adds spice to the shrimp and sour cream. It’s spicier and smokier than regular chili powder.
- Smoked Paprika: adds a smokey flavor to the shrimp and sour cream - hot or sweet paprika will do if you don’t have smoked paprika.
- Napa Cabbage: adds crunch to the tacos
- Red Onion: adds a little tang and color
- White Vinegar: used to pickle the onion and cabbage
- Olive Oil: very necessary. If you just use butter, the butter will harden once you add the cold shrimp to the spice mixture.
- Butter: adds flavor and helps to cook the shrimp
- Shrimp: large or jumbo shrimp, deshelled and deveined. I usually buy them with the tails on
How to make these shrimp tacos
Toss the cabbage, red onion, vinegar, and salt together. Toss every few minutes to ensure the vinegar evenly coats the vegetables.
Mix together shrimp, butter, olive oil, chipotle chili powder, smoked paprika, and salt. Gently toss till the shrimp is well coated.
Make chipotle mayo by mixing together sour cream, lime juice, chipotle chili powder, and smoked paprika.
Place shrimp in the air fryer. Cook for 6-8 minutes. Once they are done, assemble your tacos.
What to serve with your shrimp tacos
• Chips and Salsa
• Chips and Guacamole
• Spanish Rice and Beans
How to store
Store leftover shrimp, pickled veggies, and chipotle sauce separately in an air-tight container for up to 3 days in the fridge.
To reheat the shrimp microwave for 30-60 seconds.
Do you have questions?
Place the shrimp in the air fryer basket. Air fryer at 400F for 6-8 minutes, or until the shrimp turn pink and make a U shape.
Tips for success
The pickled vegetables can be made a day ahead and refrigerated.
Don’t feel like chopping up cabbage? Swap out the 2 cups of cabbage for 2 cups of cole slaw mix (without the dressing)
Watch how it’s made...
I hope you love these Air Fryer Shrimp Tacos recipe! If you make it leave a comment! You can also share a photo on Instagram and tag #meganvskitchen. Enjoy!Print
Quick Pickled Veggies
- 2 cups Napa cabbage- thinly sliced
- ½ red onion thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 16 oz uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, about ½ lime
- ¼ teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 8 Corn or flour tortillas
- In a large bowl, toss together all the ingredients for quick pickled veggies. Make sure the veggies are coated in vinegar. Set aside to marinate while you make the rest of the food. Toss every few minutes to ensure the vinegar evenly coats the vegetables.
- Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees. Add all the ingredients for shrimp to a large bowl. Gently toss till the shrimp are well coated. Place shrimp in the air fryer and cook for 6-8 minutes.
- While the shrimp cook, mix all the ingredients for the chipotle sauce together.
- To assemble the tacos, add pickled veggies to your warm tortilla, and top with shrimp and chipotle sauce. Garnish with cilantro and lime juice if you want.
- Prep Time: 24
- Cook Time: 6
- Serving Size: 2 Tacos
- Calories: 330
- Sugar: 2.8g
- Fat: 15.3g
- Saturated Fat: 4.9g
- Carbohydrates: 27.4g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 21.9g
Keywords: Air Fryer Shrimp Tacos, Shrimp Tacos