Effective October 9, 2022
What information do we collect, and how do we use it?
- Information You Voluntarily Submit to the Site: We may collect personal information from you such as your name or email address. For example, you may voluntarily submit information to the site by leaving a comment, subscribing to a newsletter, or submitting a contact form. In addition, we may ask you to create a user profile, which would allow you to create a username and password. We will store the username, but your password will not be visible in our records.
- Automatically-Collected Information: We automatically collect certain information about you and the device with which you access the website. For example, when you use the website, we will log your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed, and the dates/times when you accessed the website. We may also collect information about actions you take when using the website, such as links clicked.
- Cookies: We may log information using cookies, which are small data files stored on your browser by the website. We may use both session cookies, which expire when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which stay on your browser until deleted, to provide you with a more personalized experience on the website.
Different ways we collect information are detailed below. We reserve the right to change this list at our sole discretion.
Users may, at any time, prevent the setting of cookies, by the website, by using a corresponding setting of your internet browser and may thus permanently deny the setting of cookies. Furthermore, already set cookies may be deleted anytime via an Internet browser or other software programs. This is possible in all popular Internet browsers. However, if users deactivate the setting of cookies in your Internet browser, not all functions of my website may be entirely usable.
Google Analytics & Google Tag Manager
We use Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager to analyze the use of our website. These services gather information about website use by means of cookies. The information gathered relating to our website is used to create reports about the use of our website.
You can opt-out to creating a user profile, Hotjar's storing data about your usage of our site and Hotjar's use of tracking cookies on other websites by following this opt-out link.
If you leave a comment on our site, you may opt-in to saving your name and email address in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. Visitor comments may be checked for spam.
How Long We Retain Your Data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can automatically recognize and approve any follow-up comments instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
We may collect your email address only if you voluntarily provide it to us. This may occur, for example, if you sign up to receive an email newsletter or enter a promotion. We will use your email address for the purposes for which you provided it to us and also, from time to time send you emails regarding the site or other products or services that we believe may be of interest to you. You may opt out of such email communications at any time by clicking the "unsubscribe" button in the email.
We will not share your email address with any third parties.
In addition, we may ask you to create a user profile, which would allow you to
If you are a resident of a country in the European Economic Area (EEA), please refer to the section below entitled "Additional Rights of EEA Residents."
How Your Information May Be Used
We may use the information collected in the following ways:
- To operate and maintain the site;
- To create your account, identify you as a user of the site, and customize the site for your account;
- To send you promotional information, such as newsletters. Each email promotion will provide information on how to opt out of future mailings;
- To send you administrative communications, such as administrative emails, confirmation emails, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts;
- To respond to your comments or inquiries;
- To track and measure advertising on the site;
Affiliate Program Participation
The website may engage in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into the website. If you click on a link for an affiliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of commissions.
Megan Vs Kitchen participates in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
You may subscribe to our newsletter on the site, which may be used for advertising purposes. All newsletters sent may contain tracking pixels. The pixel is embedded in emails and allows an analysis of the success of online marketing campaigns. Because of these tracking pixels, we may see if and when you open an email and which links within the email you click. Also, this allows the site to adapt the content of future newsletters to the user's interests. This behavior will not be passed on to third parties.
SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION
The website does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under 16. If a parent or guardian believes that the website has personally identifiable information about a child under the age of 16 in its database, please contact us immediately at [email protected], and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
Additional Rights of EEA (European Economic Area) Residents
If you are a resident of a country in the EEA, you have the rights, among others, to (i) access your personal data, (ii) ensure the accuracy of your personal data (iii) the right to have us delete your personal data (iv) the right to restrict further processing of your personal data, and (v) the right to complain to a supervisory authority in your country of residence in the event that data is misused
If you believe that our processing of your personal information infringes data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. You may do so in the EU member state of your residence, your place of work, or the place of the alleged infringement.
You may exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal data by emailing a notice to us at meganvskitchen.com
Nutritional Information Disclaimer
Megan Vs Kitchen is written and produced for informational purposes only. Occasionally we may offer nutritional information and estimates for recipes contained on this website, such as calories, fat, carbs, etc. This information is provided as a courtesy and is not guaranteed to be accurate. Under no circumstances will meganvskitchen.com and the recipe creators be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from your reliance on the nutritional information that may be provided.
If you have any questions about our policies or the practices of this site, please contact us at [email protected]