Citrus marinated steak, pico de gallo, and tortillas- That's all you need for these easy, simple, and delicious Steak and Pico Tacos. We love these tacos, and I know you will too!
I wanted a simple, easy, and flavorful taco. Something I could put together quickly but was loaded with veggies. That's how these Easy Steak and Pico Tacos came to fruition. They are easily my favorite tacos!
- Citrus Marinated Flank Steak - The citrus tenderizes the steak and brightens it up. The Olive oil helps lock in flavor and makes sure the steak doesn't dry out. And we salt to bring out the flavor. Marinate it for 2-8 hours. I like to marinate the steak in the morning and make tacos for dinner.
- Pico de Gallo (onion, jalapeno, lime juice, tomatoes, cilantro, and salt) - You have your classic pico de gallo here, bursting with flavor, just a tinny hint of spice, and amazing on anything! If I have leftover pico, I use it all though out the week on eggs, sandwiches, and basically anything I can put it on.
- Tortillas- I like using the smaller size tortillas. 6-8" size.
I kept these tacos super simple, teak, pico, and tortillas. I think those 3 things are all you need, but you could totally add some guacamole, cheese, or sour cream. However, I don't think these tacos need the extra. They are soooo good just as they are.
Store any leftover steak and pico in the fridge for up to 4 days. I think the pico peaks on the second day anyway.
If you're looking for another delicious steak recipe, check out these tasty Steak Pinwheels!
I hope you love these Easy Steaks and Pico Tacos! If you make it leave a comment! You can also share a photo on Instagram and tag #meganvskitchen. Have fun!
Easy Steak and Pico Tacos
- Citrus Marinated Steak
- Juice from 2 limes
- Juice from 1 orange
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound flank steak
- Pico de Gallo
- ½ cup finely chopped white onion about ½ small onion
- 1 jalapeño ribs and seeds removed, finely chopped (add another jalapeno for a medium spice level)
- Juice from ½ lime
- ½ pounds ripe red tomatoes seeds removed (about 3 small or 2 large), chopped
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt to taste
- 8-10 tortillas
- Place flank steak in a large baking dish. Combine lime juice, orange juice, olive oil, and salt in a small bowl. Cover steak with citrus marinade. Refrigerate for 2-8 hours.
- Mix all of the pico de gallo ingredients together in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate till ready to use.
- Cook steak in a preheated skillet over medium heat. Cook each side for 7-10 minutes. Remove from skillet when it's well done. Let sit for 10 minutes, dice the steak into ½-1 inch pieces.
- Warm tortilla in a skillet. Top with steak and pico de gallo.