My Go To Weeknight Beef Tacos are simple and only take 30 minutes to make. I load them up with veggies and use my own simple taco seasoning with spices I already have in my cabinet.
These are for sure veggie-forward tacos. I love to pile my tacos with roasted onions, bell peppers and a dollop of spicy guacamole. The homemade spice is smokey and spicy. Chipotle chili powder adds a nice smoky flavor to the meat and veggies that sets these tacos apart. In total, the beef tacos only take 30 minutes to make, which makes them perfect for a quick and delicious weekday dinner.
This recipe is pretty simple and straightforward- but to get the most flavor out of the beef, you’ll want to make sure your meat gets a nice brown crust. You can get this by cooking on high heat and not moving the meat around too much. Those brown bits have a ton of flavor and make the meat extra tasty.
- Chili Powder: If you don’t have chipotle chili powder or can’t find it in the store, chili powder is a good substitute. It’s basically the same spice, but chipotle powder has a nice smokiness to it. Also, chipotle powder has a little more heat to it than its regular chili counterpart.
- Mushrooms: You can also add mushrooms to your veggie sheet pan. I suggest only doing 1 small onion and 1 bell pepper if you add 8 oz of sliced mushrooms. You’ll also want to keep an eye on the mushrooms to make sure they don’t burn.
- Spicy Guacamole: You can smash up an avocado, and add a pinch of salt, and call it a night, but I LOVE adding in a splash of lime juice and red pepper flakes to my guacamole.
I hope you love these Go To Weeknight Beef Tacos! If you make them leave a comment! You can also share a photo on Instagram and tag #meganvskitchen. Enjoy!Print
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin, chipotle chili powder, AND salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 pound 93% lean beef
- 2 avocado, mashed
- 8 tortillas
- Mix ground cumin, chipotle chili powder, salt, and garlic powder together in a small dish. Set aside.
- Heat oven to 400. On a large sheet pan, mix together sliced bell peppers, onions, olive oil, half of the spice mixture. Cook for 15-20 minutes, or until the veggies are soft.
- Add beef to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook until all the meat has browned. Drain any excess oil, and turn to heat down to medium-low, mix in the rest of the spice mixture and 1/3 cup of water, cook for another 2 minutes- do not tough-
- Warm tortillas on a skillet over medium heat. Add veggies and beef. Top with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, etc.