Homemade Pico De Gallo with fresh tomatoes, onion, cilantro, jalapeno, and lime juice. Perfect addition to your game day snacks, to up on tacos, or to add to mashed avocado.
I love this easy Pico de Gallo. It’s flavorful and loaded with fresh tomatoes, onion, lime juice, cilantro, and jalapeno peppers. This is not just for chips. It’s the perfect topping for tacos, enchiladas, or marinated chicken.
Pico de Gallo is easy to make. You only need six ingredients: tomatoes, white onion, jalapeño, cilantro, lime, and salt. Chop the ingredients as fine as you can so you get a little bit of everything in every bite. Let the Pico sit for 15 minutes before serving. This gives time for all the flavors to meld together.
You can refrigerate pico de gallo for several hours or even overnight. Tomatoes release a good amount of moisture so that you will see some tomato juice pool at the bottom of your bowl.
I hope you love this Homemade Pico de Gallo recipe! If you make it leave a comment! You can also share a photo on Instagram and tag #meganvskitchen. Enjoy!
Homemade Pico de Gallo
- ½ cup finely chopped white onion about ½ small onion
- 1 jalapeño ribs and seeds removed, finely chopped
- Juice from ½ lime
- 1 pound ripe red tomatoes seeds removed (about 3 small or 2 large), chopped
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- In a medium serving bowl, combine the chopped onion, jalapeño, lime juice, tomatoes, and cilantor.
- Taste, and add salt as needed.
- Let the pico de gallo sit for 15 minutes before serving.
Did you make this recipe? Let me know!