This BBQ brisket quesadilla is stuffed with Oxacca cheese (the best for quesadillas), onions, cilantro, and brisket slathered in BBQ sauce.
You can use leftover brisket or make a fresh batch with this easy slow cooker beef brisket.
Whether you're throwing a party or treating your family to a delicious recipe, these brisket quesadillas are sure to be a hit that vanishes as soon as they hit the table.
🥰 Why You'll Love This Recipe
- Use Leftover Brisket - This is a great way to give new life to your brisket leftovers.
- Great for Parties - Serve these quesadillas as an appetizer and wow your guests with what is sure to be the hit of the party.
🧀 Ingredients & Substitutions
Tortillas: Flour tortillas work best for this recipe, but corn tortillas are a good substitute.
BBQ Beef Brisket: Use leftovers or make a fresh batch from scratch. It's pretty easy to make in the slow cooker. I lay it out in detail and give you all my tips in my post on making brisket in a slow cooker.
Oaxaca Cheese: Oaxaca cheese is the best cheese for a cheesy quesadilla. The cheese melts well, and the flavors blend perfectly with the barbecue sauce.
Monterey Jack and Mexican cheese are good alternatives if you can't find Oaxaca cheese.
Your Favorite BBQ Sauce: This recipe requires about ⅓ cup of your favorite BBQ sauce.
Red Onions: If you don't have red onions, you can use yellow or white onions. You can also leave them out of the quesadilla altogether.
Cilantro: Cilantro helps to brighten up the quesadilla and give it that unique Tex-Mex flavor.
Full ingredient list with quantities in the recipe card below
🔪 How to Make BBQ Brisket Quesadillas
- Assemble the Quesadilla: Lay a tortilla flat. Add two tablespoons of cheese to one half, then layer brisket, barbeque sauce, onions, cilantro, and two more tablespoons of cheese. Fold the tortilla in half.
- Cook Quesadillas: Add quesadillas to a large skillet over medium heat. Cook on each side until the tortilla is golden brown.
For an extra crispy quesadilla, brush olive oil or spray cooking spray onto the outside of the tortilla before filling and placing the tortilla in the pan.
🥗 Make it a Meal
🥗 More Game Day Appetizers
- Pico De Gallo and Chips
- Air Fryer Chicken Flautas
- Air Fryer Pigs In a Blanket
- Crispy Baked Ground Beef Tacos
- Guacamole and Chips
❓ Recipe Questions
Do you make a quesadilla by folding one tortilla or by using two tortillas?
The easiest way to make (and flip) a quesadilla is to top half of the tortilla and fold it over.
How long do you wait to flip a quesadilla?
Depending on how high your heat is and how hot your pan gets, it can take 2-6 minutes for your tortilla to turn golden brown and be ready to flip. Keep an eye on your first couple of batches, which should give you a good estimate for future batches.
BBQ Brisket Quesadilla Recipe
- 6 8" tortillas
- 1 ½ Oaxaca cheese or Monterey Jack or Mexican Cheese
- 2 cups shredded brisket
- ⅓ cup BBQ sauce
- ¼ cup red onions diced
- Lay a tortilla flat. Add two tablespoons of cheese to one half, then layer brisket, barbeque sauce, diced onions, cilantro, and two more tablespoons of cheese. Fold the tortilla in half.
- Add quesadillas to a large skillet over medium heat. Cook on each side until the tortilla is golden brown.