Spice up your typical cornbread by adding jalapenos, cheddar, and buttermilk to your Jiffy Cornbread Mix. These Jiffy Jalapeno Cornbread Muffins will be the star on your dinner table.
You are five ingredients and 22 minutes away from making these sweet and spicy cornbread muffins. They taste like a labor of love, but they only take 5 minutes to make. So quick, easy, and tasty!
- I love using buttermilk instead of regular milk to make these cornbread muffins more tender.
- A cup of jalapeno and cheddar cheese will give you a decent jalapeno-cheddar taste. Add ¼ cup more of each to get a BOLD flavor.
- I highly suggest serving these with honey butter! The sweetness of the honey combined with the spicy jalapenos is soooo good.
I hope you love these Jiffy Jalapeno Cornbread Muffins! If you make it leave a comment! You can also share a photo on Instagram and tag #meganvskitchen. Have fun!Print
- 8.5 oz cup Jiffy cornbread box
- ⅔ cup buttermilk (instead of regular) or ⅓ cup regular milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chopped jalapenos (about 3), seeds removed, reserve some for topping
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, reserve some for topping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray muffin pan with nonstick spray or line with paper baking cups.
- mix all the ingredients in a large bowl
- Fill each muffin cup ⅔ of the way full.
- Bake for 17-22 minutes, or until golden brown
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 17 Minutes