Spice up your typical cornbread by adding jalapenos, cheddar, and buttermilk to your Jiffy Cornbread Mix. These Jiffy Jalapeno Cornbread Muffins will be the star of your dinner table.
You are five ingredients and 22 minutes away from making these sweet and spicy cornbread muffins. They taste like a labor of love, but they only take 5 minutes to make. So quick, easy, and tasty!
Jiffy Cornbread Mix: You will need two 8.5ox boxes.
Buttermilk: Buttermilk makes the muffins taste better and softer, but regular milk (of any kind) will work too!
Cheddar Cheese: You'll want to use a strong cheese, like sharp cheddar.
Eggs: Helps the muffins to rise.
Jalapeño: Two jalapenos will give you a light jalapeno taste. These muffins are not spicy at all.
🔪 How to Make Jiffy Jalapeno Cornbread Muffins
1. Prepare: Preheat oven to 400F. Spray 12 cups of a muffin tin with nonstick spray.
2. Mix: Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.
3. Pour: Fill 12 muffin tins with the cornbread mixture.
4. Bake: Bake for 17-20 min, or until golden brown
A cup of jalapeno and cheddar cheese will give you a decent jalapeno-cheddar taste. Add a ¼ cup more cheese and another jalapeno to give the muffins a bolder flavor.
Buttermilk does make the muffins taste better than regular Jiffy muffins, but regular milk (of any kind) will work too!
🥡 How to Store Leftovers
Place leftover cornbread in an airtight container or a large ziplock bag. Store at room temperature for about two days or in the fridge for a week.
I highly suggest serving these with honey butter! The sweetness of the honey combined with savory cornbread muffins is so good. I know they sometimes sell honey butter at the store. Land O Lakes makes some.
Jiffy Jalapeno Cornbread Muffins
- 2 packages of jiffy cornbread mix 8.5 oz each
- 1 cup buttermilk or regular milk
- 1 cup of sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 jalapeño diced
- Preheat oven to 400F. Spray 12 cups of a muffin tin with nonstick spray.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Fill 12 muffin tins with the cornbread mixture.
- Bake for 17-20 min, or until golden brown
Sandra Moore says
Very good and easy.
Did you seed your jalapeños first or leave in?
Hi Amy! I didn't include the seeds when making the muffins, and they had a mild spice. If you want these really spicey, include the seeds from one or two of the jalapenos.
Dalia Winans says
Could not taste the cheese at all.
Elsie S. Stewart says
I tried this recipe and it's really good. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who wants to try the recipe.
sara warmbrunn says
How much butter milk
1 cup for 12 muffins
1/2 cup for 6 muffins
My wife makes cowboy candy with jalapenos and I use that instead of regular jalapenos. It added a sweetness that was unbelievable. Thank you for sharing your recipe.