With this, you get golden-brown potatoes and tender broccoli covered in a blanket of melted cheddar cheese. I have to stop myself from eating the whole try for dinner.
Broccoli, potatoes, and cheese isn't just for soup. This iconic trio also makes a super tasty side. A little prep and a sheet pan go a long way.
🧀 Ingredients & Substitutions
Yukon Gold Potatoes: You can use Yukon gold, yellow, or russet potatoes.
Broccoli Florets: You can also swap out broccoli for cauliflower.
Cheddar Cheese: You can also use parmesan cheese.
Garlic: You can use ½ teaspoon of garlic powder instead of 2 garlic cloves.
Full ingredient list with quantities in the recipe card below.
🔪 How to Make Easy Oven Roasted Broccoli & Potatoes
1. Cut Potatoes: cut potatoes into ½-inch cubes.
2. Roast Potatoes: Toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Bake for 15 minutes.
3. Add Broccoli: Toss broccoli in a bowl with olive oil and garlic. Add to the baking sheet. Bake for another 15 minutes.
4. Add Cheese: Top with cheese and bake for 3 more minutes.
Line the baking sheet with parchment paper for easier cleanup.
Yukon Gold Potatoes have such thin skin you don't need to peel them.
🥗 What to eat with Cheesy Roasted Broccoli & Potatoes
Make sure the broccoli is well coated in olive oil.
Preheat the oven to 425F. Coat the broccoli generously in olive oil, season with salt, and bake for 15 minutes.
Yukon Gold has the perfect mix of waxiness and starchiness. Also, the skin is so thin you won't need to peel them.
Easy Cheesy Broccoli & Potatoes
- 1 pound yukon gold potatoes cut into ½-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ⅔ cup cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add potatoes to the baking sheet, and toss them in 1 ½ tablespoons of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of salt, and ¼ teaspoon of pepper. Bake for 15 minutes.
- While the potatoes bake, toss the broccoli in a bowl with 1 ½ tablespoons of olive oil and minced garlic.
- Take potatoes out of the oven, toss them, and add broccoli to the sheet pan. Bake for another 15 minutes.
- Take the potatoes and broccoli out of the oven. Top with cheese and bake for 3 more minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with a high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
- See more guidelines at USDA.gov