I love making these Lemon Pepper Chicken Bites when I’m in need of an easy healthy dinner. This healthy alternative to wings is full of flavor and only takes 25 minutes to make.
These chicken bites are so easy to make and quick too! The chicken always comes out tender and juicy and the lemon juice and pepper give it just enough flavor. This is a simple meal that everyone will love.
Make sure to cut the chicken uniformly so all the pieces are done at the same time. If you cut the chicken any larger than 1x1 inch the cooking time will take longer.
Once the chicken is done cooking I like to cut into a few of the large pieces to make sure they are done cooking.
A 12-inch skillet will fit 1 to 1 ¼ pounds of chicken in it. If you want to make more you'll need to do it in two batches. Don't overcrowd the pan, cook the chicken in a single layer with some space in between each piece. If you do make two batches wipe down the pan and start with new olive oil to prevent smoking.
I hope you love this! If you make it leave a comment! You can also share a photo on Instagram and tag #meganvskitchen. Enjoy!
Lemon Pepper Chicken Bites
- 1 - 1 ¼ lbs. chicken breasts cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter cut into pieces
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice about 1 large lemon or 2 small lemons
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley optional
- Cut chicken into 1 inch pieces and dry them with a paper towel.
- Add chicken, salt ( I used about ½ tsp), and flour to a medium sized bowl. Toss until the chicken is evenly coated.
- Heat a 12 inch skillet over medium high heat. Add olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add the chicken to a single layer, leaving some space between pieces.
- Cook until the chicken has browned on the bottom, about 4 minutes, and then flip each piece. Cook for 3 more minutes, or until the chicken has cooked through.
- Add butter, garlic, pepper, and lemon juice to the pan. Toss together. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated and a sauce has formed.
- Serve immediately.
Inspired by Cooking Classy's Garlic Butter Chicken Bites