Spice up lunch with these easy Buffalo Chicken Salad Wraps. They are filled with shredded chicken, celery, green onion, creamy buffalo ranch sauce, and cheddar or blue cheese.
This is an easy lunch option that you can prep earlier in the week and spend 5 minutes making in the morning. You can pair it with fruit and chips for an easy and tasty lunch!
You can either use rotisserie chicken or make your own. My favorite way to make shredded/chopped chicken is in the Dutch oven. You just need a cup of chicken broth, chicken breast, and salt. Cook that in a dutch oven in oven for an hour, and you have chicken!
Why you need to make these for lunch!
- It's a super easy and fun lunch
- You can make the chicken salad ahead of time (when you're not busy)
- Leftovers can last you days
🧀 Ingredients & Substitutions
Celery: This adds crunch to an otherwise mushy chicken salad. Super important, do not skip! You can add a 3rd stalk for extra crunch.
Cooked Chicken Breast: Make your own or use rotisserie chicken. I like to chop it instead of shredding it. I think it makes the chicken salad have a better texture.
Plain Greek Yogurt: Yogurt is amazing in chicken salad. I use it because the tanga and creaminess pair so well with the buffalo sauce and ranch seasoning.
I used 5% fat (or full fat) plain Greek Yogurt because it is the creamiest. You can also go with nonfat greek yogurt, it will still be creamy and have fewer calories.
Buffalo Sauce: Start with ¼ cup (4 tablespoons) and add more if you need more heat.
Cheese: I'm giving you two options, either sharp cheddar cheese or blue cheese. But if you want an amazing chicken wrap, add both 😊
Ranch Seasoning: I used ranch seasoning instead of ranch dressing to balance out the flavors and creaminess. You can use ranch dressing but reduce the amount of Greek yogurt you use, so you don't have a runny chicken salad.
Tortillas: If tortillas aren't your jam, you can put the chicken salad in a sandwich, a lettuce wrap, or eat it with crackers.
🔪 How to Make This Chicken Salad Wrap
1. Prep Ingredients: Cut the celery into fourths lengthwise and slice thinly. Chopp the chicken, and slice the green parts of your green onions.
2. Add to a Bowl: Add all of your chicken salad ingredients into a large bowl.
3. Mix: Mix together, and adjust it to your taste.
4. Assemble: Lay lettuce down the center of a tortilla. Scoop chicken salad on top, and roll up.
👩🍳Tips & Tricks
Taste the chicken salad after you're done making it. If you want it crunchier, add more celery. If you want it spicier, add more buffalo sauce. This recipe is just a guide. Adjust it to how you like it.
🥦 Other Chicken Salad Recipes
🥡 How to Store
Store chicken salad in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Don't assemble the wraps unless you plan on eating the wrap that day.
I used 5% fat (or full fat) Greek Yogurt since it has the creamiest texture, and I wanted a super creamy buffalo chicken salad.
Buffalo Chicken Salad Wrap
- 2 stalks of celery
- 2 green onions
- 2 cups of chopped or shredded chicken breast cooked, about 1 pound
- 1 cup Plain Greek Yogurt I used 5% fat for a super creamy chicken salad
- 4-6 tablespoons of buffalo sauce start with 4 tablespoons and add more if you want
- ⅓ cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese or ¼ cup of blue cheese
- 1 ½ teaspoons ranch seasoning
- 3 cups lettuce
- 8 small tortillas
- Cut the celery into fourths lengthwise, and then slice thinly. Slice the green parts of the green onions, and chop your chicken into chunks.
- Mix together all of the ingredients in a large bowl (except the lettuce and tortillas). Adjust the chicken salad to your taste.
- Lay lettuce down the center of a tortilla. Scoop chicken salad on top of lettuce and roll the tortilla up.
Want more easy lunch ideas?
- Make sure chicken has been cooked to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- See more guidelines at USDA.gov.
Did you make this recipe? Let me know!