This chipotle chicken wrap is the perfect work lunch. It has a creamy chipotle sauce, fresh crunchy veggies, and shredded chicken to keep you full. Jump to the recipe, or skim the post for steps on meal prepping and suggested sides!
🧀 Ingredients & Substitutions
- Wraps- You will need 4 burrito-sized wraps or 8 smaller taco-sized flour tortillas for this recipe.
- Shredded Chicken Breast- You can use rotisserie chicken, leftover chicken, or make your own chicken. I have an article on 2 easy ways to make shredded chicken. You can make it in the slow cooker or in a skillet on the stove.
- Southwest Chipotle Sauce– This sauce has a mild heat and tons of flavor. It's pretty easy to make, but if you don't want to make the sauce, you can use a store-bought chipotle dressing or chipotle mayo in its place.
- Cherry Tomatoes- The tomatoes give the wrap flavor and prevent it from being dry. Don't skip out on them.
- Lettuce- Lettuce gives the wrap a ton of texture. You can try spinach or arugula if you don't want to use lettuce.
Full ingredient list with quantities in the recipe card below
🔪 How to Make Chipotle Chicken Wrap
Step 1: Make the Chipotle Sauce- Prepare the chipotle sauce in the blender. You can skip this step if you buy Chipotle dressing or mayo at the store.
Step 2: Prep your Vegetables- Cut the cucumbers, tomatoes, avocado, and lettuce.
Step 3: Assemble Your Wrap- Lay your tortillas flat. Divide all of the chicken and vegetables equally among the wraps. Add 1 tablespoon of cilantro and 2 tablespoons of chipotle sauce to the wrap. Fold like you would a burrito and cut the wrap in half.
🍴 How to Meal Prep
To make this meal prep-friendly, we will omit the avocado and store the sauce and tomatoes in another container (so they don't make the wraps soggy).
- Step 1: Prep your shredded chicken. Cut the cucumbers and lettuce.
- Step 2: Assemble the wrap by placing the chicken, cucumber, cilantro, and lettuce in the middle and rolling up the wrap. Store in a meal prep container.
- Step 3: Make your sauce if you aren't using store-bought sauce. Store in a small sauce container and place in the meal prep container.
- Step 4: Quarter the tomatoes. Store in a small container and place in the meal prep container.
- Step 5: Store the meal prep containers in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Fruit Salad
- Potato Chips
- Streamed Vegetables
- Pasta Salad
- Hummus and Pita Chips
- Veggies and Dip
❓ Recipe Questions
Are you supposed to heat up a chicken wrap?
You can eat them warm or cold. I think this Chipotle Chicken Wrap is better cold since it has a lot of vegetables in it.
Do you have to warm up the tortilla wrap before using it?
Nope. Since you are using a flour tortilla, there is no need to warm it up before using it in your wrap.
What's in a Southwest Chipotle wrap?
There are many variations, but most have chicken, a chipotle sauce, and fresh vegetables. This wrap has shredded chicken, chipotle southwest sauce, avocado, tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, and cilantro.
Want more Southwest Recipes?
If you want more wrap ideas, check out this list of 15 Easy Wrap Recipes Perfect for Lunch.
The Best Chipotle Chicken Wrap
Chipotle Chicken Wrap
- ½ cup chipotle sauce homemade or store-bought
- 1 ⅓ cup lettuce chopped
- 1 cucumber cut into thin sticks
- ½ pint cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1 avocado sliced
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- 4 large wraps
- 3 cups shredded chicken
Chipotle Sauce- Makes 1 ⅓ Cups
- ½ cup ranch dressing
- ⅓ cup light mayo
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- juice from 1 lime
- 2 garlic clove or ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
To Make Chipotle Sauce
- Blend all of the chipotle sauce ingredients in a blender. If the sauce is too thick, add one teaspoon of water at a time until you get the desired consistency.
To Make Chipotle Chicken Wrap
- Cut the lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, avocado, and cilantro.
- Lay your tortillas flat. Divide all of the chicken and vegetables equally among the wraps. Add 1 tablespoon of cilantro and 2 tablespoons of chipotle sauce to the wrap. Fold like you would a burrito and cut the wrap in half.