This Buffalo Chicken Dip with Greek Yogurt is an easy win. It's made with shredded chicken, Franks Red Hot sauce, ranch seasoning, and cheese. The Greek yogurt helps to lighten it up while keeping the dip creamy.
This buffalo chicken dip is made without cream cheese. We use Greek yogurt instead. It's a great alternative. The dip stays creamy, but it's not so heavy, and it's a tad healthier.
You can also call this hot wing dip. It's sure to be a hit for your next game day, work potluck, or holiday party.
Why you will love this Buffalo Chicken Dip
• It's made with Greek yogurt making it lighter and fewer calories
• It's your favorite bar food in dip form
• It's easy to make and so good!
Shredded Chicken: use rotisserie chicken or bake 2-3 chicken breasts in the oven at 350F for 20-40 minutes (coat with olive oil and season with salt before baking).
Frank's Red Hot: Franks is my go-to for anything hot wing related, but any cayenne pepper sauce will work.
Nonfat Plain Greek Yogurt: make sure it is plain yogurt; you don't want to use vanilla flavored yogurt accidentally.
Sharp Cheddar Cheese: use sharp cheddar; you need a strong cheese flavor to compete with the other strong flavors
Ranch Seasoning: adds a little ranch flavor; use 3 teaspoons of seasoning if you want it really ranchy
Corn Starch: will help to thicken up the dip
Garlic & Onion Powder: adds flavor
Green Onions: Optional for garnish
🔪 How to Make Buffalo Chicken Dip without Cream Cheese
1. Mix Dip: Mix together all the ingredients besides ½ cup of cheddar cheese and the green onions.
2. Top: Top with remaining cheese.
3. Bake: Bake for 25 mins.
4. Serve: Top with green onions and serve with chips or toasted slices of bread.
Make it with Blue Cheese: When you mix the dip together, leave out the ranch seasoning and mix in half a cup of blue cheese and only half a cup of cheddar cheese. Top the dip with half a cup of cheddar cheese and a few blue cheese crumbs.
Not a fan of Ranch: Leave out the ranch seasoning for a regular buffalo chicken dip
🥡 How to Store
This dip has dairy and meat in it. It's safest to throw out any leftovers sitting at room temperature for more than two hours.
If you have leftovers that haven't been sitting out for more than two hours, store them in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
🥖 Serve This Dip With...
Serve this with chips, toasted baguette slices, carrots, or celery.
Pigs in a Blanket
Pic de Gallo
Fried Mozzarella Sticks
No more three 3 days
👩🍳Tips & Tricks
Don't forget the corn starch! Greek yogurt adds extra moisture to the dip. The corn starch absorbs that moisture and prevents the dip from getting watery.
Buffalo Chicken Dip With Greek Yogurt
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 ½ cups cheddar cheese
- 1 cup nonfat plain greek yogurt
- ½ cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- 2 teaspoons ranch seasoning
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 Green onions for garnish optional
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In an 8x8 pan, mix all the ingredients besides ½ cup of cheddar cheese and green onions.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and bake for 25 mins.
- Garnish with green onions and serve with chips or toasted slices of bread.
Did you make this recipe? Let me know!