Tex Mex Turkey Scramble Meal Prep is the perfect start to your morning. You get smokey chipotle ground turkey, crispy potatoes, and fluffy eggs topped with gooey cheddar cheese and your favorite salsa! You’ll never have to worry about eating a healthy and filling breakfast again.
I am not a breakfast person. There is just too much happening in the morning for me to put any effort into making a nice balanced breakfast. I usually go for a bowl of sugary cereal or a bagel loaded with cream cheese. Both are okayyyyy options, but they leave me feeling hungry and unsatisfied a few hours later. That’s why I love these balanced and super easy meal prep breakfast bowls! The spicy smokey turkey and fluffy eggs fill me up, and the cheese and potatoes give me the carb fix I need to be happy. This is a massive hit at home!
- Frozen Potatoes – Potatoes O’Brien is homestyle potatoes with bell peppers and onion. I used the Ore-Ida brand in this recipe. It might also be called southwest potatoes at your grocery store. If you have trouble finding Potatoes O’Brien in your freezer section, you can use homestyle potatoes.
- Chipotle Ground Turkey – I LOVE using oregano and chipotle powder to season the ground turkey. It is a little spicy, but once mixed with everything else, I would say the spice level is mild. If you’re a little worried, you can reduce the amount of chipotle chili powder to 1/2 teaspoon or avoid it altogether and use a packet of taco seasoning.
CONSIDER TRYING THESE POPULAR BREAKFAST RECIPES:
I hope you love this Tex Mex Turkey Scramble – Meal Prep recipe! If you make it leave a comment! You can also share a photo on Instagram and tag #meganvskitchen. Enjoy!Print
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey (93% lean)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder (see notes)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- salsa or hot sauce (optional)
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Add frozen Potatoes O’Brien to a large sheet pan. Coat with 3 tablespoons of olive oil and cook for 35 minutes, or until the potatoes start to brown. When there is 10 minutes left, toss the potatoes. Once they are done, salt to taste and divide among meal prep containers.
- Lightly spray a large skillet with oil and put it over medium heat. Once the skillet is hot, add the ground turkey. While it cooks, break it up into smaller pieces.
- Once the meat has browned and the liquid has evaporated, add oregano, chipotle powder, garlic powder, salt, and 2 tablespoons of water. Mix it together and cook for 1 more minute or until the water evaporates. Add to meal prep containers.
- Whisk together 8 eggs in a large bowl. Salt and pepper to taste. Lightly spray a large skillet with oil and put it over medium heat. Once the skillet is hot, add in eggs. Gently scrape the bottom of the pan with a rubber spatula until the eggs have cooked. Then dived among the meal prep containers.
- Top the scramble with cheese and put it in the refrigerator for later. Eat within 4 days of making it.
If you are worried about this being too spicy only use 1/2 teaspoon of chipotle chili powder. Or if you want to avoid the spice all together you can use you can use regular chili powder.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 450
- Fat: 27g
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Protein: 30g