This Spinach and Feta Omelet is a super easy and delicious 15-minute breakfast.
Once you've made this a few times, you will have no problem making the perfect omelet every time, but if you are an omelet novice and want to learn more about the art of making the perfect omelet check out this omelet 101 video by Jamie Oliver.
I love using the lid trick when making these. Place a lid over the omelet while it's cooking so you don’t have to worry about flipping or lifting the omelet.
What you will love about this Greek omelet:
- Takes 15 minutes
- 6 ingredients
- Filling and healthy breakfast
Butter: adds flavor to the spinach and prevents the eggs from sticking
Baby Spinach: a part of the filling
Eggs: base of the Omelet
Oregano: popular Greek spice
Garlic Powder: adds flavor but doesn’t give the omelet a strong garlic taste.
Feta Cheese: gives the omelet a nice cheesy tang
🔪 How to Make a Spinach and Feta Omelet
1. Beat Eggs: In a small bowl, beat together eggs, oregano, garlic powder, and salt.
2. Cook Spinach: Melt a tablespoon of butter in a small skillet. Add spinach, and cook for 1-2 minutes. Transfer the spinach to a plate.
3. Cook Eggs: Add remaining butter to the skillet. Pour the egg mixture into the skillet. Cover with a lid and cook for 1-2 minutes or until the eggs have almost set.
4. Add Filling: Sprinkle spinach and fetta onto one side.
5. Cook: Cover and cook for another minute or until the eggs are no longer runny.
6. Fold: Fold the omelet in half and slide it onto a plate.
- You can add some chopped-up cherry tomatoes.
- Make it with only egg whites- you will need 4 eggs to replace 2 whole eggs.
Prep Ahead of Time!
You can cook the spinach and store it in an air-tight container in your fridge up to 4 days in advance.
A 2-egg omelet is 300 calories. A 3-egg omelet is 375 calories.
👩🍳Tips & Tricks
- For a thinner omelet, use 2 eggs; for a thicker one, use 3 eggs
- I used a 9” pan and two eggs. If you cook the omelet in a larger pan, use 3 eggs so your omelet is not too thin. If you use a smaller pan, only use 2 eggs.
Spinach and Feta Omelet
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt to taste
- ½ tablespoon butter divided
- ½ cup baby spinach
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a small bowl, beat together eggs, oregano, garlic powder, and salt.
- Melt ¼ tablespoon butter in a small 9” nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add spinach. Toss for 1-2 minutes or until the spinach is wilted. Then transfer to a small plate.
- Return the skillet to the burner, and add the remaining butter. Swirl the melted butter so it covers the bottom of the skillet. Pour the eggs into the skillet. Cover with a lid ( I used one from a pot). Cook for 1-2 minutes or until the eggs have almost set.
- Sprinkle spinach and fetta onto one side, cover, and cook for another minute or until the eggs are no longer runny; fold the omelet in half and slide it onto a plate.