This is a creamy classic Tuna Noodle Casserole with plenty of veggies. Add this to your healthy Weekday dinner routine.
I do not take tuna casserole lightly. The night my mom made Tuna Helper growing up were good nights. However, it’s become tough to find Tune Helper in store, so I’m left making my own. This dish is an absolute childhood favorite of mine, and no half-ass tuna casserole would do. So I made sure this one was super creamy, had lots of peas and barocline, and plenty of tuna. Truly a childhood dream.
I used Yellowfin Tuna for this recipe because it has a third of the mercury of White (Albacore) Tuna, which means more tuna for you!Print
Creamy classic Tuna Noodle Casserole with plenty of veggies. Add this to your healthy Weekday dinner routine.
- 16 oz Fusilli Noodles
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 2 tablespoons Flour
- 1 ½ cups Milk
- ¾ cup Parmesan
- 2 teaspoons Dill
- ½ teaspoons Pepper
- 1 teaspoons Salt
- 2/3 cups Peas (frozen)
- 2/3 cups Broccoli Cuts (frozen)
- 6 oz Tuna (2 cans)
- Cook Fusilli for 2 minutes less than directed on the packaging.
- While pasta is cooking, melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add flour and cook for 2-3 minutes, until the mixture is light brown and smells nutty. Add milk. Cook till sauce thickens. Add 1/2 cups of parmesan, stir till smooth.
- Mix in dill, pepper, salt, peas, broccoli, tuna, and noodles.
- Spray a 9×9 pan with cooking spray. Spread out noodles evenly in pan. Top with ¼ cup of cheese. Cook for 20-25 min, until you see the sauce bubble.
- Calories: 432
- Sugar: 3.8g
- Sodium: 648mg
- Fat: 14.7g
- Saturated Fat: 7.5g
- Carbohydrates: 50g
- Protein: 24.9g