These are the best frozen breakfast burritos. They are filled with turkey bacon, green onion, eggs, bell pepper, and cheese. They only take a few minutes to heat up in the morning and are easy to eat on the go. You will thank yourself for making these.
Breakfast burritos got me through many early mornings in college. They are still my go-to breakfast when I have the time to make them. A few months ago, I started buying frozen breakfast burritos from the grocery store. Some were good, but most were bad.
Since a good breakfast burrito has the ability to make my morning better, I decide to start making my own – the best frozen breakfast burrito- instead of settling for the expensive and not-so-great ones at the grocery store.
Homemade Frozen breakfast burritos are pretty easy to make. Dedicate 35 minutes of your Sunday and you will have 10 perfectly delicious breakfast burritos waiting for you in the freezer for the rest of the week.
I tried to make these burritos as healthy as possible since I do plan to eat them multiple times a week. I used turkey bacon that has less fat and calories than traditional bacon, added veggies, and just a hint of cheese. In the end, each burrito is 300 calories with 21 grams of protein.
Do you have questions?
I tried out a few different methods to reheating a frozen burrito, but this is the easiest, quickest, and I think the tastiest way.
Wrap your frozen burrito in a paper towel and microwave it for one minute, then flip it over and microwave it for 15-45 seconds, until it’s no longer frozen. Then heat a skillet over medium heat. Toast each side of the burrito for 1-2 minutes or until it starts to brown.
Watch how it’s made…
I hope you love this make-ahead breakfast burrito recipe! If you make it leave a comment! You can also share a photo on Instagram and tag #meganvskitchen. Enjoy!Print
Mornings just become a lot easier with these make ahead freezer breakfast burritos. They are filled with turkey bacon, green onion, eggs, bell pepper and cheese. They only take a few minutes to heat up in the morning.
- 10 oz turkey bacon, 10 pieces
- 10 large eggs
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne powder
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar or pepper jack cheese
- 10 flour tortillas
How to make breakfast burritos:
- Heat oven to 400F. Place a wire rack on top of a sheet pan. Place bacon in a single layer on the rack. Cook for 10-15 minutes or until it’s your desired crispness.
- In a large bowl mix together eggs, green onions, bell pepper, salt, pepper, garlic, and cayenne powder. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Spray the pan with olive oil or a nonstick spray. Add the eggs to the skillet. Pull a rubber spatula across the bottom of the pan while the eggs cook. Once the eggs have set remove the skillet from the heat.
- To make the burritos add a piece of bacon, eggs, and a tablespoon of shredded cheese to a tortilla. Wrap it and cover it in foil. Place the burritos in a large freezer bag and place them in the freezer. You can write down the reheating instructions on the freezer bag.
How to heat a frozen breakfast burrito:
- Unwrap the frozen burrito from its foil and wrap it in a paper towel. Microwave it for one minute, then flip the burrito and microwave it for 15-45 seconds until it’s no longer frozen. Then heat a skillet over medium heat. Toast each side of the burrito for 1-2 minutes or until the tortilla starts to brown.
- Serving Size: 1 Burrito
- Calories: 300
- Fat: 13g
- Carbohydrates: 26.5g
- Protein: 21g
Keywords: frozen breakfast burritos, breakfast burritos, burritos