I’m addicted to these Everything Stuffed Bagel Bites. I freeze the leftovers and microwave them in the morning.
You make the Bagel Bite dough with greek yogurt, flour, and baking powder. Then stuff the dough with a cube of cream cheese and top it with everything bagel seasoning. They are high in protein and make for a filling breakfast. I love having a stash of these Everything Stuffed Bagel Bites in my freezer.
This was inspired by a recipe for Stuffed Bagle Balls in the Skinny Taste Meal Prep cookbook.
Do you have questions?
Yes! Once they cool place them in a large freezer bag. When you are ready to eat them, microwave your bagel bites in the 30-second interval until they are warm to the touch, then let them cool for 1-3 minutes (the cream cheese will be pretty hot)
You can use different flavors of cream cheese, add jellies, or use other spices to create all kinds of flavor.
Watch how it's made…
I hope you love this Stuffed Bagel Balls recipe! If you make it leave a comment! You can also share a photo on Instagram and tag #meganvskitchen. Enjoy!
Everything Stuffed Bagel Bites
- 8 ounces cream cheese cut into 18 cubes
- 2 ¼ cup unbleached all-purpose flour plus more for dusting
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon table salt
- 2 cup non-fat Greek yogurt 8 oz
- 1 egg white beaten
- everything bagel seasoning
- Cut cream cheese into cubes and place them in the freezer while making the dough.
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper and spray with nonstick spray.
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Add in the yogurt and mix till a shaggy dough starts to form.
- Dust a cutting board with flour, and dump the dough onto the working surface. Knead for 3 minutes or until the dough starts to become smooth. The dough should be a little tacky but not sticky. Divide the dough into 18 pieces.
- Roll each piece of dough into a ball, then flatten it. Stick a piece of cream cheese in the middle and cover the pieces with dough to make a ball. Make sure there are no holes in the dough.
- Pace the bagel bites onto the sheet pan. Brush the tops with egg whites and sprinkle everything bagel seasoning on top. Bake for 18-20 minutes ( or until the tops are light brown).
- Let them cool after baking and place them in a large freezer bag. When you are ready to eat them, microwave your bagel bites in the 30-second interval until they are warm to the touch, then let them cool for 1-3 minutes ( the cream cheese will be pretty hot)
Maria Flores says
Have you tried air frying these from frozen? I would like to make these and freeze for camping breakfasts and I think the air fryer could make the texture nice
I haven't tried that yet, but I think reheating a fully cooked bagel bite for 6-9 minutes at 375F would work!