Caprese Pizza on Naan Bread has pesto, fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, and a balsamic glaze. It’s super easy to make, and everyone will love it!
These pizzas are so easy to make, and my fiancé loves them! The naan bread helps to speed up the homemade pizza-making process. You can get these on the dinner table ASAP.
What about pizza for breakfast? Check out this breakfast pizza on naan bread. It has mozzarella, tomatoes, prosciutto, and a sunny-side-up egg.
Why you’ll love these Caprese Naan Pizzas
- Quick to Make: only takes 25 minutes
- 5 Ingredients: naan bread, pesto, mozzarella, ripe tomatoes, and balsamic glaze
- Naan: the base for your pizza
- Pesto: we are swapping out basil and olive oil, which is traditionally found in Italian Caprese salad, for pesto
- Fresh Mozzarella: fresh mozzarella tastes the best
- Grape Tomatoes: slicing the tomatoes helps them to cook in a short amount of time
- Balsamic Glaze: it adds a little sweetness to the pizza
- Parmesan: completely optional, but who would say no to more cheese
🔪 How to Make Caprese Flatbread Pizza
1. Preheat: Preheat the oven to 400F.
2. Top: Place naans on a sheet pan. Spread pesto on them, leaving a little space for the crust. Top with mozzarella pieces and sliced grape tomatoes.
3. Bake: Bake for 6-8 minutes, then broil for 2-3 minutes, or until the cheese starts to brown.
4. Garnish: Drizzle with balsamic glaze and top with grated parmesan cheese for garnish.
Pizza Crust: instead of naan bread, you can use a pre-cooked flatbread crust. They are typically found near the naan bread in the grocery store
About one adult and is about 650 calories.
Yes! Remove it from the freezer to thaw 15 to 20 minutes before topping and baking it. Naan bread only lasts me a few days in the pantry, I like to freeze them if I’m not using them in the next 2-3 days.
👩🍳Tips & Tricks
While broiling the pizza, keep an eye on the crust, so you don’t burn it!
These also make great appetizers, game day snacks, or quick lunches.
Caprese Naan Pizza with Pesto
- 4 naan flatbreads
- ⅓ cup pesto
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella cut into small pieces
- 1 ¼ cups grape tomatoes cut into slices
- 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze
- Parmesan for garnish optional
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Place naans on a sheet pan. Spread pesto on them, leaving a little space for the crust. Top with mozzarella pieces and sliced grape tomatoes.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes, then broil for 2-3 minutes, or until the cheese starts to brown.
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze and top with grated parmesan cheese for garnish.
Did you make this recipe? Let me know!