Ground Chicken Chorizo tastes just like Mexican pork chorizo but is a little healthier. It’s great on tacos, quesadillas, eggs, and so much more.
I love chorizo, it's smokey, spicy, and makes everything you put on 100x better. This recipe was inspired by Skinny Taste's Healthy Ground Turkey Chorizo.
You won't even be able to tell that this is made with chicken and not pork. The flavor is spot on, and the chicken is so tender and crumbles up perfectly.
Why you should make this Ground Chicken Chorizo ASAP
- don't you want breakfast tacos tomorrow morning
- impress your family by making ~ chorizo tacos~ instead of boring ground beef tacos
- because it's really good and you'll want to eat it all the time
Ground Chicken: If you can't find ground chicken, 95% lean turkey works as a substitute.
Spices: A ton of spices are used: smoky paprika, ancho chili powder, garlic powder, salt, dried oregano, ground cumin, and black pepper.
Red Wine Vinegar: The acid in the vinegar will tenderize the chicken and help it break up and have a texture similar to pork chorizo.
Olive Oil: helps to cook the ground chicken and prevent it from sticking to the pan.
🔪 How to Make Ground Chicken Chorizo
1. Add: Add ground chicken, red wine vinegar, and spices to a large bowl.
2. Mix: Use your hands to combine everything.
3. Add to Pan: Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once the oil is hot add the meat, breaking it up into small pieces.
4. Cook: Cook until all the liquid has evaporated, and the chicken has cooked through for about 9 minutes.
Want it spicy?
Mild: Instead of using 1 tablespoon of ancho chili powder use regular chili powder
A Little Spicy: make the recipe just as it is
Spicier: instead of using 1 tablespoon of ancho chili powder use chipotle chili powder
It's chopped or ground pork with a lot of seasoning. Spanish chorizo is usually smoked and cooked in a casing while Mexican chorizo is usually ground pork.
👩🍳 What to make with your Chicken Chorizo
- Breakfast Tacos
- Add to queso
- Chorizo Tacos
- Add it to Spanish rice
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon smoky paprika
- 1 tablespoon ancho chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a large bowl, mix the ground chicken, red wine vinegar, and spices until everythign is well mixed together.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add the meat, breaking it into small pieces.
- Cook until all the liquid has evaporated and the chicken has cooked through for about 9 minutes.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 200
- Sugar: 0g
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 2.6g
- Carbohydrates: 0g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 23g
Keywords: Ground Chicken Chorizo, Chorizo, Ground Chicken, Chicken