Impress your friends and family with this simple Sausage, Goat Cheese, and Tomato Quiche. The savory sausage, creamy goat cheese, and bright tomatoes will make this quiche a hit!
I love this simple Sausage, Goat Cheese, and Tomato Quiche. The recipe only has 8 ingredients and takes 20 minutes to put together (then another 35 minutes to cook). It looks like you put a lot of effort into this meal when you really didn't. Pair it with mimosas for brunch, or a salad for lunch.
- Spicy Breakfast Sausage - I'm always looking for a little spice in my food. If you're not try a breakfast sausage with sage in it! Turkey sausage would also be good. If you want to up the spice factor, try Chorizo! I haven't done it yet, but it's on my to do list.
- Cherry Tomatoes - I liked the overall look of using bright red cherry tomatoes, but any tomatoes will do. Just make sure to remove the tomato seeds, or the quiche will be too liquidy and burn on top.
- Half and Half & Eggs - These two make the yummy creamy custard filling to make this a quiche.
- Salt and Pepper - Seasoning is key.
- Goat Cheese Crumbled - I used a soft goat cheese that I could easily tear off small chunks from. I love having chunks of goat cheese hiding in this quiche, waiting for me to take a bit out of it.
- Frozen Pie Crust - Life should be easy. Frozen pie crusts are here to make your life easy. Use them, love them. With this recipe, you don't have to defrost or prebake. I am keeping it easy over here.
Eat any leftovers within 3 days, which should not be hard.
I hope you love this Sausage, Goat Cheese, and Tomato Quiche! If you make it leave a comment! You can also share a photo on Instagram and tag #meganvskitchen. Have fun!
Sausage, Goat Cheese, and Tomato Quiche
- ½ lb spicy breakfast sausage
- 5 oz cherry tomatoes halved seeds removed
- 1 cup half and half
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 3 oz goat cheese crumbled
- 1 frozen pie crust
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook sausage in a skillet over medium heat until it's browned and fully cooked through, then set aside.
- While the sausage is cooking, dice tomatoes in half lengthwise. Remove the seeds by squeezing the sides of the tomatoes, so the seeds pop out, then use a spoon to scrape off the seeds. Set the tomatoes aside.
- Whisk together the half and half, eggs, salt, and pepper.
- Arrange half the tomatoes, sausage, and goat cheese in the frozen pie crust. Pour in the cream mixture. Place the remaining sausage, cheese, and tomatoes on top.
- Bake until the quiche is golden brown and the middle has set, about 33-37 minutes. Let rest 10 minutes before slicing.