Air Fryer Potato Slices have crispy edges and fluffy middles. It only takes 10 minutes to prep and 25 minutes to cook. It's a great side dish for any weeknight meal!
Air fryers perfectly crisp up the edges of the potato slices and leave the middle soft and fluffy. They also cook in a fraction of the time compared to cooking in the oven.
These are so easy to make you'll be able to get them on the table in no time. They are the perfect side dish for chicken or burgers.
Russet Potatoes: Russet Potatoes are high in starch and low in moisture, making them great for air frying.
Olive Oil: helps to crisp up the potatoes and adds flavor
Salt: adjust to your taste
Garlic Powder: adds a little garlic flavor, but not too much
Pepper: adds spice
Paprika: for color and flavor
Cayenne Pepper: a pinch of spice
Parsley: you can add it at the end for a pop of color, totally optional
🔪 How to Make Potato Slices in an Air Fryer
1. Cut: Wash and peel the potatoes. Cut them into ¼ inch slices.
2. Season: Add the potatoes to a bowl with olive oil and seasoning. Toss until the potatoes are evenly coated.
3. Cook: Cook at 400F for 25-28 minutes. Shake every 10 minutes to ensure all the slices are cooked evenly and get crispy.
4. Serve: Garnish with parsley when they are done and serve
🥡 How to Store
Let the potato slices cool completely and store them in the fridge in an air-tight container for up to 4 days.
To reheat, use the reheat settings on your air fryer.
Cook them at 400F for 20-25 minutes.
Yes, it's okay. We are cooking them long enough, and shaking the basket frequently enough, that every slice will be able to cook through and get crispy.
👩🍳Tips & Tricks
Try to cut the potatoes as uniformly as possible so they all cook evenly.
Don't make them any smaller than ¼ inch. You'll be getting into chip territory at that point.
Air Fryer Sliced Potatoes
- 2 pounds russet potatoes about 4 small or 3 medium
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon table salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- Parsley for garnish optional
- Wash and peel the potatoes. Cut them into ¼ inch slices.
- Add the potatoes to a bowl with olive oil, salt, garlic powder, pepper, paprika, and cayenne. Toss until the potatoes are evenly coated.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400F. Add potato slices and cook for 25-28 minutes. Shake every 10 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley when they are done and serve
Want more air fryer recipes?
- Air fryer Chicken Flautas
- Air Fryer Shrimp Tacos
- Shake & Bake Chicken in Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Boneless BBQ Chicken Thighs