These Healthy Chicken meatballs are versatile. You can eat them now or freeze them for later, add them into your meal prep rotation, or serve them as a game day appetizer.
These come in so handy on nights I don't feel like cooking. I like to dip them in a mound of ketchup like they are chicken nuggets. Sometime I’ll pair them with a salad, frozen French Fries, or just eat them by themselves. If i feel like adding a little more effort into dinner, I'll toss these in a BBQ or orange chicken sauce and serve them with rice and steamed vegetables.
They are very versatile and I really do like having a bag of these in my freezer for when I’m not in the mood to make dinner.
This recipe was inspired by Pinch of Yum's Baked Chicken Meatballs.
Do you have questions?
I like to eat mine with ketchup or BBQ sauce.
Parmesan will give the meatballs a more mellow cheese taste, smoked gouda would be good. You can use any shredded cheese you'd like.
Watch how it's made…
I hope you love these Healthy Chicken Meatballs! If you make it, leave a comment! You can also share a photo on Instagram and tag #meganvskitchen. Enjoy!
Healthy Chicken Meatballs
- 1 pound ground chicken or turkey
- 1 large egg
- ⅔ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
How to make
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Roll the meat into 36 small balls, about 1 tablespoon each.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
Freeze and Reheat
- Once the meatballs are completely cool transfer them to a large freezer bag.
- When you are ready to bake heat oven to 350- bake for 20 minutes or until warm.