This One Pot Pizza Pasta only takes 30 minutes, so it's is perfect for a busy weeknight. It's also super customizable, so everyone in the family can fall in love with this easy dinner.
This pasta really does taste like pizza, and I'm here for it. I think it's because I used tomato paste, so the sauce is rich, creamy, and addictive. I added my favorite pizza toppings, but you can remove or add different toppings to fit your family! The thing I regret was not adding mini pepperonis- they are so hard to find. Please tell me if you know where to find them. I just want them in my life.
I never had any issues with the pasta sauce being too thick or too watery when I've made this pizza pasta, but If all the liquid is absorbed before the pasta is done cooking, add 2 tablespoons of water until a thin sauce is formed. When the pasta is done cooking, you want a sauce that has the same constancy as marinara.
ONE POT PIZZA PASTA VIDEO:
I used my favorite pizza toppings: sausage, onion, bell pepper, and mushrooms. You can totally make this pizza pasta your own. I think the more toppings you add, the better the pasta will be. You can try adding pepperonis or black olives. Let me know if you go crazy and add pineapples!
CONSIDER TRYING THESE POPULAR PASTA RECIPES:
I hope you love this One Pot Pizza Pasta recipe! If you make it leave a comment! You can also share a photo on Instagram and tag #meganvskitchen. Enjoy!Print
- ½ lb. sweet or spicy Italian sausage, casings removed
- ½ medium onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 8 oz mushrooms, any kind, sliced
- 4 oz tomato paste, about ⅓ cup
- ½ teaspoons red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 ½ teaspoons oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ lb. short pasta, like rotini
- 2 ½ cups chicken broth
- 1 ½ cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Parmesan cheese for garnish (optional)
- In a Dutch oven, add sausage and cook over medium heat. Break the sausage up into bite size pieces.
- Once the sausage has browned, add diced onion, green peppers, and mushrooms. cook until the veggies start to soften, about 5 minutes
- Add tomato paste, red pepper flakes, oregano, and garlic. Stir until the tomato paste coats the meat and vegetables. Cook until the spices become fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Mix in pasta and chicken broth. Turn the heat to high and bring to a boil, then lower heat to medium-low and cover. Cook for 14-16 minutes, occasionally stirring until pasta is al dente and most of the liquid is absorbed. If all of the liquid gets absorbed, add 1 tablespoon of water or chicken broth until a creamy sauce forms.
- Remove from heat, stir cheese, and salt to taste. You can top with more red pepper flakes and parmesan cheese.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 550
- Fat: 23g
- Carbohydrates: 57g
- Protein: 32g