Tomato goat cheese pasta has a creamy goat cheese sauce with juicy cherry tomatoes and loads of garlic all covering your favorite pasta. This only takes 20 minutes and is so so easy to make!
If you are here I’m assuming you like goat cheese, but if there are any goat cheese naysayers in your house hold I think this would be a good recipe to change their minds. The goat cheese is there, but not too strong since you have kale, tomatoes, and garlic, to mellow out the taste.
This recipe was inspired by the viral baked feta recipe that made the rounds in early 2021. I swapped out the feta for goat cheese, added some green to the dish, and changed the cooking method to make it faster. I also added coriander seed to balance out the tangy goat cheese and round out the flavors.
- Cavatelli or Gemelli – Since this is a fun funky recipe I like to use a fun pasta shape.
- Butter and Olive Oil – Helps to cook the tomatoes to perfection and adds flavor.
- Cherry Tomatoes, whole – My favorite way to eat tomatoes is cooking them in a skillet with butter or olive oil till they burst. SO good.
- Red pepper Flakes- Adds a pinch of spice that I really like.
- Garlic – 5 garlic cloves may seem like a lot, but it’s the perfect amount 🙂
- Ground coriander seed – Optional, but I think it’s a great addition. It adds a touch of sweetness.
- Tuscan Kale and Baby Spinach- I try to add veggies where I can.
- Salt and Pepper- Salt helps to bring out the flavors and pepper adds spice.
- Goat Cheese- 4oz is the perfect amount of tangy goat cheese for this dish.
TOMATO GOAT CHEESE PASTA VIDEO
I hope you love this tomato and goat cheese pasta recipe! If you make it leave a comment! You can also share a photo on Instagram and tag #meganvskitchen. Enjoy!Print
Tomato goat cheese pasta has juicy cherry tomatoes, loads of garlic, and creamy goat cheese sauce covering your favorite pasta. This only takes 20 minutes and is so so easy to make!
- .75 pound pasta- Cavatelli or Gemelli
- 1 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 oz cherry tomatoes, whole
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 5 cloves garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander seed (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups packed Tuscan kale (about 3-4 stems) or 2 1/2 cups of baby spinach, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 4 ounces goat cheese, diced
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to package directions. Just before draining, reserve 1 cup of the pasta cooking water.
- While the pasta cooks heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add butter and olive oil. Once the butter melts and the bubbles go away, add in whole cherry tomatoes. Cook till they burst, about 6-8 min, stirring occasionally.
- Turn heat to low. Add crushed red pepper, minced garlic, coriander, and kale or spinach. Cook for 3 min, or until kale wilts slightly. Salt and pepper to taste. If the pasta is still cooking remove the skillet from the heat till the pasta is done.
- When the pasta is ready, return the skillet to the burner on low heat. Add goat cheese, 1/2 cup of the reserved pasta water, and the pasta. Toss until combined. Add more pasta water if needed to thin the sauce. Remove from the heat and enjoy!
- Calories: 600