These easy 30 minute Ground Beef Fajitas have spicy chipotle ground beef with mounds of roasted bell peppers and onions. You will never make your tacos the same way again. This recipe was originally called Go To Weeknight Beef Tacos with Peppers, but I changed the name to reflect the recipe better.
In the spirit of eating more vegetables, I added my favorites (bell peppers and onions) to a beef taco. Are these technically fajitas, or are they tacos with peppers and onions? I don't know, but they are pretty good.
They only take 30 minutes to make, making them perfect for a quick and delicious weekday dinner.
To season the vegetables and beef, I made a spice mixture with cumin, chipotle chili powder, salt, and garlic powder. It's smokey and spicy.
This recipe is simple and straightforward, but to get the most flavor out of the beef, you'll want to make sure your meat gets a deep brown color. You can do this by cooking on medium high heat and not moving the meat around too much. Those brown bits have a ton of flavor and make the meat extra tasty.
- Chili Powder: If you don’t have chipotle chili powder or can’t find it in the store, chili powder is a good substitute. It’s basically the same, but chipotle powder has a nice smokiness to it, and it has a little more heat to it.
- Spicy Guacamole: You can smash up an avocado, and add a pinch of salt, and call it a night, but I LOVE adding in a splash of lime juice and red pepper flakes to my guacamole.
I hope you love this Ground Beef Fajitas recipe! If you make it leave a comment! You can also share a photo on Instagram and tag #meganvskitchen. Enjoy!
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder chipotle chili powder, AND salt
- 2 bell peppers sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion sliced
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 pound 93% lean ground beef
- 8 tortillas
- Mix ground cumin, chipotle chili powder, salt, and garlic powder together in a small dish. Set aside.
- Heat oven to 400. On a large sheet pan, mix together sliced bell peppers, onions, olive oil, half of the spice mixture. Cook for 15-20 minutes, or until the veggies are soft.
- Add beef to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook until all the meat has browned. turn to heat down to medium-low, mix in the rest of the spice mixture and ⅓ cup of water, cook until the water evaporates.
- Warm tortillas on a skillet over medium heat. Add veggies and beef. Top with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, etc.
Did you make this recipe? Let me know!