Chicken Burrito with Cauliflower Rice makes for the perfect quick dinner. It requires very little preparation and is ready in under 30 minutes. The cauliflower rice makes it a little healthier and won't weigh you down.
I'm not a huge fan of cauliflower rice. Whenever I have it I always think, man this meal could use some carbs. However this burrito comes with a huge tortilla, so carbs will not be missed. You do even realize that half your burrito is full of vegetables. This burrito is huge, but I don't feel super full after eating it because of the cauliflower rice. It's a sneaky trick, I tell ya.
- Chicken Thighs vs. Chicken Breast- I decided to use chicken thighs in this recipe since they are more flavorful, cook faster, and tend not to dry out when baking in the oven. You can use chicken breast if you like, but the cooking time will be longer, and you will have to pull the onions and peppers off the pan at some point so they don't burn.
- Cauliflower Rice - I used store brand frozen cauliflower rice for this burrito. You can find frozen cauliflower rice in the frozen vegetable section of your grocery store. I've seen it in every grocery store I've been in, so it should be easy to find.
- Hot Sauce- Right now, Siete traditional hot sauce is my favorite! It's a mild hot sauce that you can slather all over your burrito. It's so flavorful and acidic. I love it.
CHICKEN BURRITO WITH CAULIFLOWER RICE VIDEO:
I hope you love this Chicken Burrito with Cauliflower Rice recipe! If you make it leave a comment! You can also share a photo on Instagram and tag #meganvskitchen. Enjoy!
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder AND cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika oregano, AND salt
- 1.25-1.5 pound chicken thighs
- ½ onion medium onion sliced
- 2 bell pepper sliced
- 12 oz frozen cauliflower rice
- 4 large burrito sized tortillas
- 1 cup Mexican blended cheese
- cilantro lime, and hot sauce (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine garlic, lime juice, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, oregano, and salt. Mix together, then add in chicken thighs. Make sure the thighs are well coated. Cover the bowl and place it in the fridge. Marinate chicken for 20 minutes- up to 12 hours.
- When you are ready to make the chicken, preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Add onions and bell peppers to a large pan and coat them with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and salt. Make room for the chicken and add it to the pan—Bake for 25 minutes. Once the chicken thighs are cooked through, shred them with two forks.
- While the chicken and vegetables cook - warm up the cauliflower rice as directed,
- To assemble the burrito, warm up your tortilla, add cheese, chicken, veggies, cauliflower rice, and cilantro, lime, or hot sauce if you want.
Did you make this recipe? Let me know!