Mini BBQ Chicken Meatloaves are a quick 30-minute weeknight dinner. No fuss, easy cleanup. You can add mashed potatoes and broccoli to round out the meal!
This BBQ Chicken Meatloaves recipe was initially posted on January 3rd, 2020. I updated the recipe, post, and pictures on March 4th, 2021.
If it was up to my boyfriend we would have these weekly. I compromized, so we have them monthly. I love these mini meatloaves for thier simplicity and comfort. They are like large chicken nuggets and bring me so much joy.
They are easy to make and such a crowd-pleaser. I'm not a huge fan of traditional meatloaves, probably because of the thick ketchup sauce on the top. However, I find these mini chicken meatloaves super cute and extra delicious. I dare you find one person who would say no to their own personal Mini BBQ Chicken Meatloaf.
- BBQ Sauce- I've tried out a few different sauces on these meatloaves. Some success, I think the ones with high sugar, seem to caramelized more. If you are worried, you can wait to put the bbq on after the meatloaves have cooked, but either way, you should be fine. I haven't had a bad experience yet!
- Turkey: You can use turkey, but get one with higher fat content. When I have gotten the really lean turkey, 98%, the meatloaves come out tough and dry.
- I'm working on a Buffalo Chicken version- I'll update this post with a link to it once it's finalized. 🙂
I hope you love this Mini Chicken Meatloaves recipe! If you make it leave a comment! You can also share a photo on Instagram and tag #meganvskitchen. Enjoy!Print
- 1 lb ground chicken, 90% lean
- ¾ cups unseason panko bread crumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon chipotle chili powder (optional)
- ½ cups BBQ sauce
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a small baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl mix together all of the ingredients, except for the BBQ sauce. Mix until the ingredients are evenly distributed in the chicken.
- Form four 4X2 loaves and place them on the baking sheet. Top with BBQ sauce. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes