Cod Fish Tacos with Cabbage Slaw made with flaky fish, garlic-lime cilantro sauce, cabbage, and cotija cheese. Easy to make, whips up in 30 minutes, and is packed with flavor. These easy tacos are a perfect addition to your taco nights!
I've been trying to eat more fish, and to no one's supprises, my favorite way to do so is with fish tacos! I love how quick and easy it is to make the fish. The cilantro-lime slaw comes together so fast and brings a bright flavor and a nice crunch. Slaw great addition to the fish. Top these tacos with cotija cheese, and you are set, buddy!
These Cod Fish Tacos with Cabbage Slaw are quick and simple. There are only two toppings to this taco, slaw and cheese, but they both pack enough punch that you don't need to waste your time with anything else. The fish is so easy to make. Mix a few spices, rub it on the fish, and in 30 minutes, you have fish tacos.
- I liked using cotija cheese, but you can use any cheese you like. A few suggestions would be Monterey Jack or a Mexican blend.
- I wouldn't say these tacos are spicy, but if you are sensitive to heat, don't add the cayenne pepper to the spice mixture you rub in the fish.
Store any leftover fish in the fridge for 2-3 days. The slaw is good for one day in the fridge if you have already combined the sauce with the slaw mix. The cilantro lime sauce is good on its own for 4 days in the fridge.
I hope you love this Easy Fish Taco recipe! If you make it leave a comment! You can also share a photo on Instagram and tag #meganvskitchen. Have fun!Print
- 1 ½ lb. cod (or other flaky white fish)
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)
- 8 small flour tortillas
- ½ cup cotija cheese, crumbled
- extra limes for garnish
Cilantro Lime Slaw
- ¾ cup cilantro
- 4 cloves garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- juice of 1 lime
- 3 tbs sour cream
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 cups of pre-packaged slaw mix
- Heat oven to 350. Place cod on a lightly oiled baking sheet. In a small bowl, mix chili, cumin, salt, and cayenne. Rub seasoning all over cod. Cook for 20-25 minutes, or until the internal temperature reached 145 and the fish flakes easily. Remove from oven and flakes into chunks.
- Blend all the Cilantro Lime Slaw ingredients, excluding the slaw mix, in a blender. Combine the slaw mix and half of the sauce in a bowl. Set aside. Use the remaining sauce to top your tacos later.
- Once the fish is done, warm the tortillas. Top them with slaw, flaked fish, cotija cheese, and additional sauce if you like. Squeeze a little bit of lime juice on top for extra zing.
Store leftover fish in the fridge for three days. The slaw will keep in the refrigerator for one day.
Inspired by Pinch of Yum's Shrimp Tacos
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Serving Size: 2 Tacos
- Calories: 425 Calories
- Fat: 15g
- Carbohydrates: 38g
- Protein: 41g