These Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins are made with warm fall spices and dotted with melted chocolate chips. These are the BEST way to start those cold fall mornings.
These Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins will get you in the mood for fall. They are a mix of dense pumpkin bread and fluffy chocolate chip muffins.
Why you need to make these Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins ASAP
- You have about one month to consume as much pumpkin as humanly possible. Why are you skipping breakfast?
- These just feel like fall
- They will go perfectly with your PSL
Flour: use all-purpose flour
Brown Sugar & Granulated Sugar: these muffins are sweet, but not too sweet
Cinnamon & Pumpkin Pie Spice: warm fall flavors
Baking Soda: help to lighten up the dense pumpkin muffins
Eggs: helps to add height and texture
Pumpkin Puree: adds pumpkin flavor and makes the muffins really moist
Vegetable Oil: any neutral oil works, you can also use canola oil or melted coconut oil
Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips: you can also use mini chocolate chips or white chocolate chips
🔪 How to Make Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
1. Mix Dry Ingredients: Mix together flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and baking soda together in a large bowl.
2. Mix Wet Ingredients: Mix the eggs, pumpkin puree, and vegetable oil in a medium bowl.
3. Combine: Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix. Once everything is mostly combined, fold in the chocolate chips. Do not overmix.
4. Bake: Divide batter among the muffin tins. Bake for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
🥡 How to Store
Once the muffins have cooled completely, store any leftovers in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the fridge for up to 7 days.
Pumpkin puree can also be called 100% pure pumpkin. When buying your pumpkin puree, make sure the only ingredient on the ingredient list is pumpkin. There should not be any seasonings or sugar.
If the muffins are not cooked long enough, they will become a little gummy. Since pumpkin muffins are so moist, it can be hard to judge when they are done baking. Use a toothpick to make sure the muffins are baked all the way through.
👩🍳Tips & Tricks
It might be hard to tell when the muffins are done by eye since the batter is dark. Use a toothpick to make sure the muffins are done baking.
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F degrees. Spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray or line with muffin liners. Set aside.
- Whisk together flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the eggs, pumpkin puree, and vegetable oil in a medium bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix. Once everything is mostly combined, fold in the chocolate chips. Do not overmix.
- Divide the batter among the muffin tins. Bake for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool on a wire rack for 10-15 minutes before eating.