Avocado Cilantro Lime Dressing is an easy 5-minute 6-ingredient dressing perfect for salads, tacos, wraps, rice bowls, and nachos.
🥰 Why Cilantro Lime Dressing Is The Best
- This dressing has fresh, simple ingredients, making it much more flavorful than any store-bought dressing.
- It's a creamy dressing that is dairy-free. The avocado is responsible for the creamy texture.
- This dressing is versatile. It goes great with so many things.
🧀 Ingredients & Substitutions
Avocado- Use a ripe avocado that is dark green or black and yields slightly when you squeeze it. If the avocado is green and hard, it's not rip yet. If it's black and soft, it's too ripe.
Fresh Cilantro- Don't waste time picking the cilantro leaves off the steam. The stems are edible and taste great. Rip off what you need, wash, and add the cilantro (stems and all) to the blender.
Olive Oil- If you're out of olive oil, you can use avocado oil, vegetable oil, or any neutral oil.
Fresh Lime Juice- You need juice from one lime, about two tablespoons, for this recipe. Fresh lime juice is best, but lemon juice or pre-squeezed lime juice will work in a pinch.
Garlic Clove- The garlic really amps up the flavor of this dressing. If you don't have fresh garlic, use ⅛ teaspoon of garlic powder or skip the ingredient altogether.
Full ingredient list with quantities in the recipe card below
🔪 How to Make Creamy Avocado Cilantro Lime Dressing
Step 1: Add all ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
Step 2: If it's too thick, add a teaspoon of water to the dressing until you get your desired consistency. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
How to Store
Store any leftover dressing in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. The lime will preserve the avocado so the sauce won't turn brown.
Avocado Cilantro Lime Dressing
- ⅓ cup fresh cilantro packed
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice about 1 lime
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 avocado
- ⅓ cup water
- Add all ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth
- If it's too thick, add a teaspoon of water to the dressing until you get your desired consistency.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.