This easy Sausage and Peppers Sandwich with Cheese is perfect for a weeknight dinner. It’s a sheet pan meal that takes 30 minutes to make. Quick, simple, delicious.
Some meals are so simple I question if I should even post them. This Italian sheet pan sandwich takes about 30 minutes and baking Italian sausage, onion, and bell peppers on a sheet pan make cleaning up so much easier. So if you’ve never made an Italian Sausage and Pepper Sandwich before, you need to hop on this train.
These are so easy to make. Toss sliced peppers and onions with olive oil on a sheet pan, add your sausage, and bake for 25 minutes. When sausage is done load it, the peppers, and onions into a hoagie roll and top with mozzarella. Toast to perfection and enjoy.
The best bread to use for this is sub/hoagie rolls. If you're looking to make a kid-sized version, or just make a smaller potion you can use a hot dog bun.
You can use either sweet or spicy Italian sausage, I like using spicy.
Do you have questions?
I hope you love this Italian Sausage and Peppers Sandwich with Cheese recipe! If you make it leave a comment! You can also share a photo on Instagram and tag #meganvskitchen. Enjoy!Print
- 2 bell peppers, cut into strips
- 1 yellow onion, cut into ½ inch slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- black pepper
- 6 Italian sausages (hot and/or sweet), about 1 pound
- 6 hoagie rolls or hotdog buns
- 1 ½ cups mozzarella
- Chopped parsley, optional
- Position one of the oven racks towards the bottom of the oven and the other towards the top ( the top one is for broiling later)
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Add peppers and onions to a large sheet pan. Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle salt and pepper. Toss everything together, then nestle the sausages into the vegetables. Bake until the sausages are cooked through, and the vegetables are tender about 25 minutes.
- When the sausage is done, load the hoagie rolls with sausage and peppers/ onion mixture. Place them on a clean sheet pan and top with mozzarella.
- Turn on the broiler. Toast the hoagie rolls for 2-4 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the buns are toasted on top.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 27 minutes
- Serving Size: 1 Sandwich
- Calories: 470
- Sodium: 1672mg
- Fat: 18.7g
- Saturated Fat: 6.8g
- Carbohydrates: 46.6g
- Fiber: 7.1g
- Protein: 35.1g
- Cholesterol: 48g
Keywords: Sausage and Peppers Sandwich with Cheese, Italian sausage, Sandwich