This Chicken Sausage Skillet is ready in under 30 minutes and is 490 calories per serving! This meal prep has sauteed grape tomatoes, bell peppers, chicken sausage, parmesan cheese, and rice.
Grape tomatoes, bell peppers, parmesan cheese, and plenty of garlic come together to make a fresh and colorful sauce that covers the chicken sausage and rice. This quick, no-fuss meal all comes together in minutes.
Do you have questions?
Chicken sausage is lower in calories and fat, and it’s equally high in protein. I also prefer the flavor of it to pork sausage.
Calories: 492, Fat: 22 g, Carbohydrates: 54.9 g, Fiber: 2.1 g, Protein: 18.4 g
I hope you love this Chicken Sausage Meal Prep recipe! If you make it leave a comment! You can also share a photo on Instagram and tag #meganvskitchen. Enjoy!
Chicken Sausage Meal Prep
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 oz. chicken sausage sliced
- 2 bell pepper diced
- 8 oz grape tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese plus extra for serving, if desired
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 - 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes depending on how much heat you want
- 3 cups of cooked rice
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Add sausage. Cook on each side till it starts to brown, about 1-2 minutes. Then transfer to plate.
- Add 1 more tablespoon of olive oil to the skillet. Add bell pepper and cook for 3 minutes or until they start to soften.
- Add cherry tomatoes to the skillet, moving them around occasionally. After 5 minutes, gently press down on the tomatoes with a spoon or spatula. They could burst open with gentle pressure. If some tomatoes do not break open, continue cooking them until they easily burst when you press down.
- Turn the heat to low. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add ¼ cup of water, parmesan cheese, and sausage. Mix till a thick sauce forms. About 5 minutes. Add in red pepper flakes.
- Divide among 4 meal prep containers, serve with rice.
Did you make this recipe? Let me know!