I’ve been making these Air Fryer Breaded Chicken Cutlets weekly. They are super easy to make, they take only 30 minutes, and give me my fried chicken fix for the week.
Nothing beats an Italian chicken cutlet, they are so versatile. I’ve used them in chicken sandwiches, dipped them in ketchup, and added them to salads. I think next time I’ll add a southern twist and top them with gravy and served with mashed potatoes and green beans.
Make sure you use thin chicken cutlets in your air fryer. This will reduce the cook time and make sure the chicken doesn't dry out.
How to make air fried chicken cutlets
These are so easy to make, but you will have to dirty a few dishes in the process. First, beat an egg in a medium-sized bowl, then mix together the panko breadcrumbs and spices on a large plate.
Lightly salt and pepper your chicken cutlets. Next, I use a fork to dip the chicken in the egg. Then toss the chicken in the panko crumbs. Pick up the chicken using the fork and gently shake off any panko. Transfer it to another plate while you coat the rest of the chicken.
To cook the chicken, preheat the air frier to 400 degrees. Place the chicken in the air fryer basket in a single layer (you will probably have to do two batches) and cook for 7-9 minutes, flipping halfway through.
When the chicken is done let it rest for a few minutes before cutting it. If you cut it right away the juices from the chicken will make the breadcrumbs soggy.
Do you have questions?
Chicken cutlets are thin slices of chicken breast. Sometimes they are called thinly sliced chicken breast.
Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees. Spray your air frier basked with olive oil and lay the chicken cutlets in the basket in a single layer. Cook for 7-9 minutes, flipping halfway through.
I like to pair them with a salad kit, but you can also make it into a sandwich, eat it with ketchup, or top them with white gravy and serve with mashed potatoes and green beans
Watch how it's made…
I hope you love this Air Fryer Chicken Cutlets recipe! If you make it leave a comment! You can also share a photo on Instagram and tag #meganvskitchen. Enjoy!
Air Fryer Chicken Cutlets
- 5 chicken breast cutlets or thinly sliced chicken breast 3 oz each
- 1 large egg beaten
- ¾ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon paprika – smoky or sweet your choice
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Season cutlets with salt and pepper.
- Beat the egg in a medium-sized bowl
- Mix together the panko, paprika, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt on a large plate.
- Using a fork, dip the chicken cutlets in the egg, gently shake off any excess. Then coat the chicken in the breadcrumb mixture, use your fork to press the chicken into the panko mixture. Shaking off excess and place the chicken on another plate while you work on the remaining chicken cutlets.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees. Place the chicken in a single layer in the air fryer basket. You will probably have to cook the chicken in batches. Cook for 7-9 minutes, flipping halfway through. Remove the chicken when the breading is golden brown, and the chicken is no longer pink.