This Cauliflower Jalapeno Popper Casserole is holiday party food combined with veggies to makes it almost okay to eat all year round. Minimize the guilt to maximize the flavor.
The holiday season is in full gear, and I want nothing more than to eat all the cheese, bacon, and dips that are coming my way. However, you have to keep your cravings in check sometimes. I feel like this casserole is a fair negotiation between eating healthy and eating like it's the holidays.
I love how the cauliflower gives this dish a nice hearty texture. It adds to this casserole and ensures you eat your veggies. I also love how cauliflower doesn't have an overpowering flavor. It takes on the flavors around it.
Hit print to screenshot this recipe for later, or Pin it and come back when you are ready.
Cauliflower Jalapeno Popper Casserole
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 6 jalapenos halved and seeds removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 strips thick-cut bacon
- 1 ¼ cup cheddar cheese
- 8 oz cream cheese ⅓ less fat
- ½ cup light sour cream
- ¼ milk low fat
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 3 cup of fresh cauliflower florets cut into small bite-size pieces about 1 inch
- Heat oven to 375 degrees
- Place chicken breast and jalapenos on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and salt. Place the bacon strips in a row on another backing sheet. Place both sheets in the oven and cook till the bacon and chicken are done about 20-25 minutes.
- Mix ¾ cups of cheddar cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, milk, and paprika in a large mixing bowl.
- Once the chicken and bacon have cooked, crumble the bacon, shred the chicken, and dice the jalapenos. Keep the oven at 375.
- Add ¾ of your chopped jalapenos, all of the shredded chicken, and ¾ of the bacon to the cream cheese mixture.
- In a 9 x 12 baking dish, distribute cauliflower on the bottom. Top cauliflower with the cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle ½ cup of cheddar cheese, and the remaning jalapenos and bacon on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or till golden brown.