This savory Beef Ragu is a simple, crowd-pleasing weeknight dinner. Plus it’s even better the next day for lunch! If you need to double up the recipe, do what you have to do.
Don’t you just love a meal that takes 10 minutes to prep in the morning and then cooks while you are at work? Then when you come home, you are greeted to the smell of a sweet and savory Ragu. The mouth-watering smell drifts through the air as you throw your coat on the chair, and kick off your shoes. All you have to do now is cook the pappardelle, and dinner is DONE!
If you can’t find pappardelle, the noodles I used in this recipe, at your grocery store you can use Gemelli, penne, fettuccine, or if all else fails you can order the noodles on amazon 🙂
Hit print to screen shot this recipe for later, or Pin it and come back when you are ready.Print
- 1lb strip steak center cut
- 28 oz tomato sauce (I used a 15oz and 8oz can)
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (optional, I like a little spice)
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp powder garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp thyme
- 8.8 oz of pappardelle pasta
- Add strip steak, tomato sauce, beef broth, red pepper flakes, pepper, garlic powder, bay leaves, and thyme into the crockpot and cover.
- Cook on low for 7-9 hours. Shred beef.
- Cook pasta as directed. Divide among 4 bowls and top with Ragu sauce.
- Serving Size: 1 Bowl
- Calories: 500
Keywords: easy, weeknight dinner, crock pot, slow cooker, ragu, pasta, meal prep
Recipe inspired by this Pinch of Yum recipe