This Slow Cooker Beef Ragu only takes 15 minutes to prep. The beef cooks in a crockpot then is served over pasta and topped with parmesan cheese. It’s a great quick and easy dinner for winter!
Don’t you love a meal that only takes 10 minutes to prep in the morning and then cooks while you are at work?
Make this before you go to work, so when you come home, you are greeted by the smell of ragu. The mouth-watering smell drifts through the air as you throw your coat on the chair and kick off your shoes. All you have to do now is cook the pappardelle, and dinner is DONE!
If you can’t find pappardelle, you can use Gemelli, penne, fettuccine, or if all else fails, you can order the noodles at your grocery store on amazon.
I hope you love this Slow Cooker Beef Ragu recipe! If you make it leave a comment! You can also share a photo on Instagram and tag #meganvskitchen. Enjoy!
Slow Cooker Beef Ragu
- 1.25-1.75 pounds chuck roast- trim off any excess fat and remove the bone if there is one
- 30 oz tomato sauce
- 4 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes optional, I like a little spice
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 8.8 oz of pappardelle pasta
- Parmesan cheese for topping optional
- Add chuck roast, tomato sauce, garlic cloves, bay leaves, fennel seeds, red pepper flakes, and pepper into the crockpot and cover.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- Cook pasta as directed on packaging.
- Remove bay leaves from the crockpot and shred the beef. Salt the sauce to taste.
- Divide among 4 bowls and top with Ragu sauce and parmesan cheese, if you choose to use it.