Easy Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Pasta has a light creamy parmesan sauce, chicken, and fresh broccoli. This skinny version takes only 30 minutes, so you can have this on the dinner table in no time.
Has anyone else been snacking 24/7 now that you're work from home? I can't help myself when the kitchen is only steps away from my desk. Needless to say, I've gained a couple of pounds over the past months. To shed a few of those pounds, I've been making this Easy Chicken Broccoli Alfredo. Quick, simple, and gives me everything I want from a chicken alfredo, and it's under 500 calories.
Cheese is an investment. I recommend buying the best cheese you can. I like getting a cheese wedge and grating them whenever I need it. Higher quality cheese has way more flavor (i.e., you can use less and not even notice), and will last longer in your fridge than pre-shredded cheese. Trust me, just try it out once, you won't regret it. Store any leftover cheese in a plastic bag or wrap it in wax paper. If you still have some left ina month, slice it up and put it on crackers as a snack. 😀
Store any leftovers in an airtight container for a maximum of 4 days. If you are reheating using a microwave, add a tiny splash of water to the pasta and mix before microwaving to make the sauce a little smoother.
I hope you love this Easy Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Pasta recipe! Leave a comment if you make this! Also, share a photo on Instagram and tag #meganvskitchen I would love to see how it turned out. Have fun!Print
- 10 ounces pasta any shape
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breasts, about ½" thick
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4-5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- ¾ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta as directed. Two minutes before the pasta is done, add broccoli to the pot. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Once the oil starts to shimmer, add the chicken: salt and pepper to taste. Cook the chicken for 4-6 minutes on each side. Once it's cooked through, transfer to a plate. Let it cool, then slice the chicken.
- Melt butter in the same skillet over medium heat—no need to clean the skillet out. Whisk in flour and cook till the mixture is light brown.
- Add garlic, cook for 30 seconds. Whisk in milk and broth. Bring to a boil reduce to medium-low. Continue to whisk the sauce till it thickens, about 4-6 min. It's okay to stop whisking for a minute if you need to drain your pasta.
- Once the sauce has thickened, remove it from the heat and mix in the parmesan cheese. If the sauce is too thick, whisk in one teaspoon of milk at a time till it's the desired consistency. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the pasta and broccoli to the skillet. Mix until everything is well coated. Top with the chicken.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 460
- Fat: 16g
- Carbohydrates: 43g
- Protein: 35g