Dump & Bake Cheesy Enchilada Casserole is a quick and easy weeknight dinner. 8 ingredients make this dump & bake casserole your solution for a healthy weeknight meal! Supper cheesy and bursting with flavor.
This Dump & Bake has become my new obsession. I really think this is the perfect Monday night meal, hear me out.
1. You only have to use one pan, and if it’s a Monday, I’m not doing dished till at least the end of the week. So this meal is a strategic move.
2. It’s vegetarian, so it works perfect for meatless Mondays, and also “It’s been a long day, and I don’t want to take the extra time to cook meat” Monday.
3. It is so freaking cheesy. When At first, when I mixed the cheese in, I thought, “Oh no, what did I do? This is way too much cheese,” but after a few bites, I knew this was perfection. This is why cheese is so beloved.
4. The recipe is pretty foolproof. As long as you use the right rice (aka regular rice, not minute rice) and you remember to cover it with foil, you are good to go. 🙂
So let's get down to the baking the Cheesy Enchilada Casserole. I used a 9 x 9 pan and sprayed it reallllly well with cooking spray. Then added black beans, Picante and enchilada sauce (both medium spicy), cumin, smoked paprika, salt, thawed peppers & onions, and rice. Gave it a good stir, covered the pan tightly with foil, and popped it into that oven. After the rice cooked, I mixed in the cheese, and boom, the perfect weeknight meal is made.
Concider These Other One Pot Recipes:Print
- 15.5 oz can of Black Beans
- 1 cup of picante sauce (salsa)
- 10 oz can of enchilada sauce
- 2 teaspoons of cumin
- ½ teaspoon of smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 12 oz bag of frozen pepper and onion mixture (thawed)
- ¾ cups of uncooked rice
- 1 ½ cups of Mexican cheese blend
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9×9 pan generously with nonstick spray.
- Rinse black beans till water runs clear. Add the beans, Picante, enchilada sauce, cumin, smoked paprika, salt, thawed onions & peppers, and uncooked rice to the pan. Mix, spread out evenly in the pan. Cover tightly with foil and bake for 35 minutes or until rice is fully cooked.
- Take it out of the oven and remove the foil. Mix in 1 cup of cheese. Top with ½ cup of cheese. Put the casserole back in the oven for 3 minutes, or until the cheese on top melts.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 450
- Sodium: 860mg
- Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 67.1g
- Fiber: 11.3g
- Protein: 23.3g