This is a great recipe to make when you don't feel like cooking. Crispy Refried Bean Tacos only have 5 ingredients and 4 simple steps.
Why You'll Love Crispy Refried Bean Tacos
- 5 Simple Ingredients: These tacos only need 5 ingredients, most of which you probably already have.
- Super Easy to Make
- Affordability: The ingredients are budget-friendly options.
Ingredients & Substitutions
Refried Beans- You will need one can for 8 tacos.
Shredded Mexican Cheese- A few alternatives for Mexican Blended Cheese are cheddar, pepper jack, and Monterey jack.
Salsa- Use your favorite salsa to add flavor to the refried beans.
Tortillas- I used flour tortillas for this recipe since they are easier to work with and get crispier than corn tortillas.
Butter- Adds a delicious butter flavor that you can't get from using a neutral cooking oil.
Full ingredient list with quantities in the recipe card below
How to Make Crispy Refried Bean Tacos
Step 1: Mix together the refried beans, salsa, and cheese together in a medium bowl.
Step 2: Spread a heaping spoonful of the beans on a tortilla and fold it in half. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
Step 3: Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Once the butter has melted, add tacos, cook until the tortilla becomes crispy, then flip and cook the other side.
Step 4: Repeat with remaining tacos. Serve with salsa, sour cream, or guacamole.
How to Reheat
Place a skillet over medium-low heat. Once hot, add tacos, cook for 2-3 minutes, and then flip. You should not need to add any more butter to the pan.
❓ Recipe Questions
For this recipe, I decided the easiest way to add flavor to refried beans was by using salsa. However, you can also add chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, and smoked paprika to your refried beans to give them more flavor.
Crispy Refried Bean Tacos
- 1 16-ounce can refried beans
- ½ cup salsa
- 8 flour tortillas 8-inches
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups Mexican cheese
- Mix the refried beans, salsa, and cheese together in a medium bowl.
- Spread a heaping spoonful of the beans onto a tortilla and fold it in half. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Melt ½ tablespoon of butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Once the butter has melted, add tacos, cook until the tortilla becomes crispy, then flip and cook the other side. Repeat with remaining tacos. Add more butter as needed.
- Let the tacos cool for 5 minutes before serving; the beans will be hot. Serve with guacamole, sour cream, and salsa.