This Cobb Salad is loaded with bacon, chicken, hard boiled, eggs, avocado, tomatoes, and blue cheese. I topped the salad with a Dijon Vinaigrette.
This is not a typical salad. It’s LOADED with a ton of awesome ingredients: bacon, chicken, hard-boiled eggs, avocado, tomatoes, and blue cheese. Once you're done eating it you will be full and satisfied.
I used a Dijon Vinaigrette for this salad, but some other good alternatives could be ranch dressing, blue cheese dressing, or balsamic vinaigrette.
Watch how it's made…
I hope you love this Cobb Salad recipe! If you make it leave a comment! You can also share a photo on Instagram and tag #meganvskitchen. Enjoy!
This Classic Cobb Salad is loaded with bacon, chicken, hard boiled eggs, avocado, tomatoes, and blue cheese.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 4 Servings
For the Dressing:
- 3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon whole grain or Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
For the Salad:
- 4 large eggs
- 5 ounces thick-cut bacon about 6 strips
- 10- ounce chicken breast about 1 large breast
- 1 head romaine lettuce coarsely chopped
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 avocado chopped
- 3 ounces blue cheese crumbled
- Make the dressing by adding all of the ingredients to a small bowl and whisk till it comes together and you can see any oil drops.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, carefully lower in 4 large eggs into the water with a spoon. Boil for 8 minutes. Remove the eggs from the pot and place them in a bowl of cold water to chill. Once the eggs are cool, peel and chop them.
- Meanwhile, add bacon to a large skillet over medium heat. Cook until crispy, about 2-3 minutes on each side. Transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate and let cool. Drain all but one tablespoon of bacon grease from the skillet. You will use the bacon grease for cooking the chicken. Once the bacon has cooled, chop and set aside.
- Cut the chicken breast into 1 inch pieces, salt, and pepper them. Heat 1 tablespoon of the bacon grease over medium heat. Add chicken to the skillet. Cook for 4 minutes, turnover, and cook for another 4 minutes, or until the chicken has cooked through. Once done, transfer chicken to a large plate.
- To assemble the salad, place 2-3 cups of lettuce in a bowl. Top with sliced egg, bacon, chicken, tomatoes, avocado, and blue cheese. Then top with dressing.
Serving: 1salad and 2 tablespoons of dressing | Calories: 562kcal | Carbohydrates: 13.1g | Protein: 37.9g | Fat: 40.7g | Saturated Fat: 11.5g | Fiber: 6.6g | Sugar: 3.8g
Don't know what to make this week?Join the email list & get a free e-book: Easy Dinners for Lazy Nights
Want more salad?
Did you make this recipe? Let me know!