Thai Chicken Noodles made with a sweet and spicy sauce, peanuts, chicken, and ramen noodles. This super easy Thai Chicken Noodles whips up in less than 30 minutes and is bursting with flavor. Perfect for a quick weeknight dinner or to make in advance for the week.
This recipe is inspired by the Grilled Thai Chicken Lettuce Wrap recipe in What's Gaby Cooking- Eat What You Want cookbook. I HIGHLY recommend this cookbook; every recipe is so so good.
I love how the flavors of the Sweet Chili Sauce and Soy Sauce blend to make a super flavors base to this sauce. The garlic, scallions, and sriracha add a burst of complexity. The peanuts add a crunch, and the lime brings a bright burst of flavor. I also love how this all comes together in less than 30 minutes.
Garlic Cloves: Adds flavor
Roasted Peanuts: Adds crunch and a variety of texture
Scallions: Adds bright, fresh flavor and color
Sweet Chili Sauce: THE BEST SAUCE EVER! It's a little spicy but mostly sweet.
Soy Sauce: Base of the sauce and adds a lot of umami flavor
Sriracha: Adds spice. You can leave out if you don't want a milder spice.
Ramen: I used Ocean's Halo ramen noodles, you can find them at Krogers, Walmart, and Whole Foods. You could use the ramen noodle from the individual ramen packs ( like Maruchan and Top Ramen), but I like Ocean's Halo since it's not fried.
Olive Oil: Adds moisture to the chicken and makes sure it doesn't stick to the skillet.
Ground Chicken: Adds protein
Lime: Adds a fresh burst of citrus flavor
Store any leftovers in the fridge for 3-4 days. The sauce can get a little dry when you reheat it in the microwave. I don't mind, but you can mix in half a teaspoon of water before microwaving.
I hope you love this Thai Chicken Noodle recipe! If you make it leave a comment! You can also share a photo on Instagram and tag #meganvskitchen. Have fun!
Thai Chicken Noodles
- 4 minced garlic clove
- ½ cup roasted peanuts
- 4 thinly sliced scallions
- ⅔ cup sweet chili sauce
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoon sriracha
- 10 OZ Ramen I used Ocean's Halo ramen noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb ground chicken 98% fat-free
- 1 small lime
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients (garlic through siracha), set aside.
- Cook ramen as directed. Once done, set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, cook till chicken has browned and any excess liquid has evaporated. Add soy sauce mixture to the skillet, and reduce the heat to low. Cook for one minute or until the sauce has thickened slightly. Add noodles to the pan, tossing till evenly coated. Top with lime juice.
Did you make this recipe? Let me know!