Lower calorie version of a classic with a sweet and spicy twist. These Sweet Chili Baked Tuna Cakes are a must for any tuna lover.
I first tried sweet chili sauce a few months ago and it was a game-changer. Ever since then I’ve been trying to think of ways to add more sweet chili sauce to my life. These tuna cakes are just my latest attempt at combining sweet chili sauce with a super easy and quick meal prep recipe.
Pair these cakes with your favorite veggie and you got yourself a quick, easy, and healthy meal. I would suggest taking leftovers to work the next day, but your coworkers may give you a dirty look for microwaving tuna ? …..but, hey, I think it’s worth it!
Hit print to screen shot this recipe for later, or Pin it and come back when you are ready.Print
Lower calorie version of a classic with a sweet and spicy twist. These Sweet Chili Tuna Cakes are a must for any tuna lover.
- 2 cans of light yellow-fin tuna drained
- 1 eggs
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 2 teaspoons of soy sauce
- 1/3 cup of sweet chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon of ginger
- 1 cups of whole grain panko crumbs
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a large baking sheet with non stick spray.
- Mix together all the ingredients in a large bowl. Make 8 patties, place them on the cooking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Flip the patties. Bake for another 10 minutes. Let them cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet.
- Serving Size: 2 Tuna Cakes
- Calories: 270 Calories
Recipe inspired by these Baked Tuna Crab Cakes from A Head of Thyme