My crepe pan has quickly become one of my favorite purchases and Sundays… well, those are now known as Crepeday… I love Crepeday. Can…can it be crepeday today??
These thin pancakes whip up in a pinch, and I usually go super casual with some whip cream and berries as fillings. But this week, I felt like splurging. Enter Spinach, Mushroom, and Swiss Crepe. Yes, they involved a little more work, but they are so worth it. A quick saute of mushrooms and onion, add in some previously frozen spinach, salt, and pepper, and you got yourself a yummy filling for these savory crepes.
Crepie Diem!!! Go get ya some crepes.Print
- Cook spinach as directed on package. Place spinach in a paper tole or cheesecloths. Squeeze to drain out excess water.
- In a large skillet, over medium-high, melt 2 tbs of butter in a pan. Add onion and mushrooms. Cook till mushrooms and onions have browned. Mix in spinach, ¼ teaspoon of salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Add flour, milk, water, ¾ teaspoons of salt, eggs, and 3 tbs of melted butter into a blender. Blend till mixture is smooth and well blended.
- Heat a nonstick pan, with an 8-10" diameter, over medium to high heat. Spray with nonstick spray. Pour ¼ cup of batter into the center of the pan and swirl to spread evenly. Cook for 40-60 seconds, or until the bottom has browned and flip. Cook for another 20-30 seconds.
- Sprinkle with 2 tbs of Swiss cheese. Spread 2 spoon fulls of the mixture on half of the creep. Fold in half, fold in half again to make a triangle.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 30
Keywords: Spinach, Mushroom, Swiss, Crepes