My crepe pan has quickly become one of my favorite purchases and Sundays… well, those are now known as Crepeday… I love Crepeday. Can…can it be crepeday today??
These thin pancakes whip up in a pinch, and I usually go super casual with some whip cream and berries as fillings. But this week, I felt like splurging. Enter Spinach, Mushroom, and Swiss Crepe. Yes, they involved a little more work, but they are so worth it. A quick saute of mushrooms and onion, add in some previously frozen spinach, salt, and pepper, and you got yourself a yummy filling for these savory crepes.
Crepie Diem!!! Go get ya some crepes.Print
The perfect crepe for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner. This hearty crepe is filled with spinach, mushrooms, onions, and Swiss cheese.
- Cook spinach as directed on package. Place spinach in a paper tole or cheesecloths. Squeeze to drain out excess water.
- In a large skillet, over medium-high, melt 2 tbs of butter in a pan. Add onion and mushrooms. Cook till mushrooms and onions have browned. Mix in spinach, 1/4 teaspoon of salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Add flour, milk, water, 3/4 teaspoons of salt, eggs, and 3 tbs of melted butter into a blender. Blend till mixture is smooth and well blended.
- Heat a nonstick pan, with an 8-10″ diameter, over medium to high heat. Spray with nonstick spray. Pour 1/4 cup of batter into the center of the pan and swirl to spread evenly. Cook for 40-60 seconds, or until the bottom has browned and flip. Cook for another 20-30 seconds.
- Sprinkle with 2 tbs of Swiss cheese. Spread 2 spoon fulls of the mixture on half of the creep. Fold in half, fold in half again to make a triangle.
Keywords: Spinach, Mushroom, Swiss, Crepes