Creamy, crunchy, savory, and spicy! This Spicy Spinach Artichoke Melt has everything you want on a melt with a kick. Don't wait any longer. Make this melt and experience true joy.
Imagine scooping hearty spinach artichoke dip on top of a piece of crispy sourdough bread. Then topped it with a generous layer of melted gooey provolone. Sound like the best thing ever… oh, trust me this is. This Spicy Spinach Artichoke Melt has been in the dinner rotation for the past three weeks, it's that good. The creamy, crunchy, savory, and spicy elements that are brought together makes this one of my favorite meal right now. It's also really easy to prep and make later! You can make the spinach and artichoke mixture ahead of time and refrigerate it up to 3 days. I love premaking it. That way when I'm ready for a melt it's as simple as cutting a slice of sourdough, topping it with the mixture, adding cheese, and broil on the bottom oven rack until the cheese has melted.
Hit print to screenshot this recipe for later, or Pin it and come back when you are ready.Print
- 12 oz of frozen spinach - chopped
- 12 oz of frozen artichoke hearts- cut in half
- 1 marge garlic cloves minced
- ½ cup of finely grated parmesan cheeses
- 2 tbsp of mayo
- 2 tbs of hot sauce
- 2 oz of chilled cream cheese cut up into ½" cubes
- 6 ½" thick slices of sourdough bread
- 6 slices of provolone cheese
- Turn broiler on high.
- Cook spinach as directed on packaging. Let cool and wrap in a paper towel. Squeeze, draining as much excess water as possible. Set aside
- Cook artichokes as directed. If artichokes are not already chopped, coarsely chop them.
- In a large bowl add the first 7 ingredients. Mix well.
- Arrange bread on the pan. Broil till lightly brown, flip over and repeat.
- Add ⅙ of the spinach artichoke mixture of the bread. Make sure that none of the spinach artichoke mixture spills over. Cut cheese slices in half. Place 2 halves over mixture so that it's completely covered.
- Broil till the cheese has melted and browned, about 2-4 minute. Keep an eye on it.
Serve with a salad. I would recommend this spinach apple salad from Give Me Some Oven.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 350