Light and fluffy, these Sour Cream Blueberry Muffins are quick and easy. These are the best muffins. You’ll be happy you made these for breakfast.
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream*
- 1/4 cup low-fat milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen**
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Spray nonstick spray into 10 standard-size muffin tins or line them with cupcake liners.
- Mix together the melted butter and sugar in a large bowl, then mix in the egg and vanilla extract. Then mix in the sour cream and milk one at a time until it’s fully incorporated.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix until it begins to come together (a few specks of flour are okay). Then fold in the blueberries.
- Scoop batter into the muffin tins, filling them all the way up.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 425°F, then turn the oven down to 375°F and bake for an additional 20 minutes (22 if using frozen blueberries). Once the muffins are golden brown remove them from the oven and allow them to cool for 10 minutes.
You can substitute ½ cup of greek yogurt in place of the sour cream, but I think the sour cream gives the muffins a better flavor.
Substitute 1 cup of frozen blueberries for 1 cup of fresh blueberries and cook the muffins for 2 minutes longer.
- Serving Size: 1 Muffin
- Calories: 160
- Sugar: 12.4g
- Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 22.9g
- Protein: 2.7g
Keywords: Sour Cream Blueberry Muffins, Sour Cream, Blueberry, Muffins, Breakfast