These Small Batch Cosmic Brownies will take you back. These fudgy brownies are topped with creamy ganache and sprinkled with cholate candy.
- 1/4 cup canola oil, or another vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 ounces milk chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips chopped ( 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon)
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
To Make Brownies
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place a large piece of parchment paper in a 9 x 5 loaf pan so the brownies are easier to get out when they are done.
- In a medium bowl mix together canola oil, cocoa powder, and sugar.
- Mix in the egg until fully incorporated, then mix in the vanilla.
- Mix in flour and salt until the flour is fully combined. Be careful not to overmix.
- Spread brownie batter in pan. Smooth out the batter with a spatula and bake for 16-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted. Let cool for 30 minutes.
To make Chocolate Frosting
- Place heavy cream in a small bowl. Microwave in 10-second increments until the cream is very hot but not boiling.
- Add the chocolate chips to the cream. Let it sit for a minute, then stir until a smooth chocolate sauce forms.
- Pour chocolate over the top of the brownies. Use a spoon to spread the chocolate evenly. Add the sprinkles on top of the brownies.
- Let the brownies sit for 1-2 hours, or until the chocolate thickens into a frosting*. Use the parchment to lift the brownies out of the pan. Cut into squares and serve.
In step 4 you can refrigerate the brownies to make the frosting set quicker.
- Serving Size: 1 Brownie
- Calories: 210
- Sugar: 18.8 g
- Sodium: 83.8 mg
- Fat: 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 24 g
- Fiber: 1.7 g
- Protein: 2.6 g
- Cholesterol: 29.6 mg
Keywords: Small Batch Cosmic Brownies, Small Batch ,Cosmic Brownies, Brownies