These Small Batch Cosmic Brownies will take you back. The fudgy brownies are topped with creamy ganache and sprinkled with cholate candy. You need to make this copycat version of your favorite Little Debbie treat.
I was trying to make the chewiest, densest, moistest, and chocolatiest brownies when I created this recipe. I was pretty surprised when I pulled the brownies out of the oven and they resembled cosmic brownies. It makes sense though, Cosmic Brownies are just those 3 things. So I leaned into the nostalgia and made Small Batch Cosmic Brownies.
Do you have questions?
The brownies can last 2 to 3 days at room temperature or about a week in the fridge in an air tight container.
I used Wilton’s Rainbow Chip Crunch sprinkles. They are candy coated chocolate dots, just like the sprinkles on Little Debbie’s Cosmic Brownies. I found them pretty easy in the baking aisle of the grocery store.
Cosmic brownies are rich in chocolate and calories. Since I have very little self-control I have to make desserts in small batches. These Small Batch Cosmic Brownies make 8 small square brownies, or 4 rectangle brownies that you can slip into two ( like the Little Debbie version).
Watch how it’s made…
I hope you love this Small Batch Cosmic Brownie recipe! If you make it leave a comment! You can also share a photo on Instagram and tag #meganvskitchen. Enjoy!Print
These Small Batch Cosmic Brownies will take you back. These fudgy brownies are topped with creamy ganache and sprinkled with cholate candy.
- 1/4 cup canola oil, or another vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 ounces milk chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips chopped ( 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon)
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
To Make Brownies
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place a large piece of parchment paper in a 9 x 5 loaf pan so the brownies are easier to get out when they are done.
- In a medium bowl mix together canola oil, cocoa powder, and sugar.
- Mix in the egg until fully incorporated, then mix in the vanilla.
- Mix in flour and salt until the flour is fully combined. Be careful not to overmix.
- Spread brownie batter in pan. Smooth out the batter with a spatula and bake for 16-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted. Let cool for 30 minutes.
To make Chocolate Frosting
- Place heavy cream in a small bowl. Microwave in 10-second increments until the cream is very hot but not boiling.
- Add the chocolate chips to the cream. Let it sit for a minute, then stir until a smooth chocolate sauce forms.
- Pour chocolate over the top of the brownies. Use a spoon to spread the chocolate evenly. Add the sprinkles on top of the brownies.
- Let the brownies sit for 1-2 hours, or until the chocolate thickens into a frosting*. Use the parchment to lift the brownies out of the pan. Cut into squares and serve.
In step 4 you can refrigerate the brownies to make the frosting set quicker.
- Serving Size: 1 Brownie
- Calories: 210
- Sugar: 18.8 g
- Sodium: 83.8 mg
- Fat: 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 24 g
- Fiber: 1.7 g
- Protein: 2.6 g
- Cholesterol: 29.6 mg
Keywords: Small Batch Cosmic Brownies, Small Batch ,Cosmic Brownies, Brownies