- 1.25-1.75 pounds chuck roast- trim off any excess fat and remove the bone if there is one
- 30 oz tomato sauce
- 4 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional, I like a little spice)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8.8 oz of pappardelle pasta
- Parmesan cheese for topping (optional)
- Add chuck roast, tomato sauce, garlic cloves, bay leaves, fennel seeds, red pepper flakes, and pepper into the crockpot and cover.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- Cook pasta as directed on packaging.
- Remove bay leaves from the crockpot and shred the beef. Salt the sauce to taste.
- Divide among 4 bowls and top with Ragu sauce and parmesan cheese, if you choose to use it.
If you can’t find pappardelle, you can use gemelli, penne, fettuccine, or if all else fails, you can order the noodles at your grocery store on amazon.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 3 Hours
- Serving Size: 4 Serving
- Calories: 570
- Fat: 16g
- Carbohydrates: 53g
- Protein: 51g
Keywords: Slow Cooker Beef Ragu, Slow Cooker, Ragu, Pasta, Crock Pot