These Sheet Pan Shrimp Tacos with Avocado Sauce are so so good! You get spicy shrimp, tangy pickled onions, and an AMAZING creamy avocado lime sauce. This only takes 15 minutes to make and is perfect for a weeknight dinner.
I got an easy taco night for you right here. These shrimp tacos only take 15 minutes, and you cook the shrimp on a sheet pan, so clean-up is easy. There is also a bomb avocado lime sauce that you make in a blender. It only takes minutes to put everything together. Really this is just a super simple and really delicious weeknight taco recipe that I think you’ll love.
- Shrimp: Don’t make the same mistake I did by getting the “cheaper” bag of shrimp that requires you to be deveined and deshell the shrimp. I know you’re probably thinking, ” it can’t be that hard” or “I don’t want to pay more for something I can do.” Just don’t do it. It is so annoying and makes the prep time for this super quick meal soooo much longer. Trust me, get the deshelled and deveined shrimp, or you will be cursing your cheap butt later.
- Pickled Onions: Pickled onions are my all-time, hands down, smack your mama FAVORITE topping for a taco. I love onions in general, but it’s a whole different thing when you pickle an onion. You take out some of the harsh oniony flavors and add a nice acidic touch that goes so beautifully with tacos. The fun pink hue the onions take on is just a bonus. I make my pickled onions the night before taco night. I littler just slice up half a red onion and cover it in white vinegar. After about an hour, it should be okay for taco use. I prefer to make it 24 hours ahead of time and let it sit in the fridge.
CONSIDER TRYING THESE POPULAR DINNER RECIPES:
- Queso Fundido Tacos
- Chicken Burrito with Cauliflower Rice
- Sheet Pan Chicken Sausage with Honey Mustard
I hope you love this Sheet Pan Shrimp Tacos with Avocado Sauce recipe! If you make it leave a comment! You can also share a photo on Instagram and tag #meganvskitchen. Enjoy!Print
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice, about 1/2 lime
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 24oz large shrimp, peeled and deveined and tail removed
- 8 tortillas
- Pickled onions
- Avocado Lime Sauce ( ingredients below)
Avocado Lime sauce
- 1/2 avocados
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 1 garlic clove
- Juice of 1 lime
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray oil on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl mix together melted butter, lime juice, chili powder, smoked paprika, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Add shrimp and gently toss till the shrimp is well coated.
- Place shrimp on the baking sheet and bake for 5-7 minutes, or until they start to make a U shape. If they start to make an O shape, they are overcooked.
- While the shrimp cook, combine all the ingredients for the Avocado Lime sauce in a blender. Blend everything together till the sauce is smooth. If you want to thin out the sauce add 1 teaspoon of water until you get your desired consistency.
- To assemble the tacos, add lettuce to a warm tortilla, top with shrimp, pickled onions, and the avocado lime sauce.
- Calories: 550
- Fat: 19g
- Carbohydrates: 54g
- Protein: 46g