This Scallop and Linguine with Lemon Caper Sauce is quick, easy, and delicious. The lemon butter sauce that coats the pasta will have you licking your plate clean!
This recipe comes together so quickly making it perfect for a quick weeknight diner. In just 20 minutes you can have dinner on the table. The lemon butter sauce with capers is a simple sauce that pairs perfectly with the scallops.
WHAT I LOVE ABOUT THIS RECIPE
- Scallops are so easy to cook! Seriously, 3 minutes on each side and done.
- This lemon butter sauce is so so light and flavorful. I think using brown butter and salty capers is what makes it so good.
- From start to finish, this recipe only takes 20 minutes! Making it perfect for a quick weeknight dinner.
- Do not overcrowd the pan when cooking scallops. It might take you two batched. If the scallops stick when you try to flip them, cook another 30 seconds and try again.
- Shrimp- Shrimp would be a great substitute for scallops. You can cook the shrimp exactly the same way you would cook the scallops. Cook on each side over medium heat for 2-3 minutes until the shrimp start to curl into a U shape.
- Other kinds of pasta- you can make this with spaghetti, tagliatelle, or any other long pasta.
I hope you love this Scallops and Linguine with Lemon Caper Sauce! If you make it leave a comment! You can also share a photo on Instagram and tag #meganvskitchen. Enjoy!Print
- 12 oz. Linguine
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 oz. Scallops
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 garlic clove minced
- 2 tbs capers
- 5 oz. Baby Spinach, about 2 handfuls
- ¼ cup parmesan + more for garnish
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Cook pasta as directed until it's al dente. Reserve ⅓ cup pasta cooking water. Drain pasta, and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Once the oil starts to shimmer, place scallops in the skillet, flat side down. Do not overcrowd the pan; it might take you two batched. Cook until that side is deep golden brown, 2-3 minutes. Gently turn over; if they stick, cook another 30 seconds and try again. Cook on the second side until the scallop looks opaque in the middle and golden brown, another 2-3 minutes. Move scallops to a plate.
- Pour out any oil in the skillet and place back on the burner over medium heat. Add butter and cook, swirling, until the butter browns, about 90 seconds, and then add garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Scrape off any brown bit at the bottom of the pan. Add pasta water, capers, spinach, and parmesan. Once combined, add lemon juice, then mix in the pasta.
- Plate pasta topping it with scallops. Top with more parmesan.
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Calories: 500